Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 5)

Important Post
Normal Post
4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

92.66%!

200+ bugs open at this moment

Of those 200+ bugs, all of these to be fixed for initial release or are some of these minor enough that they could be put off to a service pack?

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As you say, anything between two weeks and two months (oh you did not say that?).... In the end it all depends on what we feel HAS to be in 1.00, We'll warn people who buy early that we still have 4 people working on the code.  

[...]

good news!

12 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As you say, anything between two weeks and two months (oh you did not say that?).... In the end it all depends on what we feel HAS to be in 1.00, We'll warn people who buy early that we still have 4 people working on the code.  

But good news is that we now have a long overdue updater in the works that will be used for the busses. 

Work in progress!

For us this is a bit more complex than for other companies as we got to implement 200+ addons and not a handful like for example my buddies at PMDG. But next week all beta testers will be moved from updates via SVN to this system so we can test it in depth. 

Very nice! Thanks for the update and insight, Mathijs.

Btw - who the h***ll gives a negative vote for such a post as the above?! :huh:

Really like this updater! I think it will decrease support as well because you don't need to mess with files manually. And I can remember several reinstallations because of Service packs.

• Upvote 2

Ambiguous and imprecise, but thanks.  How does 92% relate to 200+ bugs of various categories.  I can see no formula to convert this observation into a timeline of acceptable veracity except for Mathjis' whimsical observation two weeks to two months. But maybe it was a carefully judged truth.  Oh heck, I should have stayed out of this......

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 8

45 minutes ago, macca22au said:

Ambiguous and imprecise, but thanks.  How does 92% relate to 200+ bugs of various categories.  I can see no formula to convert this observation into a timeline of acceptable veracity except for Mathjis' whimsical observation two weeks to two months. But maybe it was a carefully judged truth.  Oh heck, I should have stayed out of this......

To be fair, I've asked if release was within 2 weeks would it be known , answer was no. Aerosoft don't want to give any specifics., I imagine it will be a case of waking up one morning to a nice surprise, Mathjis has said they had a date in mind and won't share it with the general public, so I think the 2 weeks/ 2 months is the best indicator one can imagine getting.

I perceive that the percentage talk was simply a bit of mocking+Scarcasm of the question...

6 minutes ago, WatkinTench said:

I perceive that the percentage talk was simply a bit of mocking+Scarcasm of the question...

Of course it was/is ;) 

As it has been explained multiple times in this topic, for example here.

• Upvote 1

anyway i think the release date is a surprise. Also Matrijs said it would release after the DC-8 so that may be a clue. By the way I hope you can use all of the jumpseats and sunshades :) so ALL of my sharded cockpit mates can assists the beautyful landings while sitting comfortably with a 22fps in VC when landing @ busy airports;) AAAAnd with the possibility to give them coffee and the little biscuit that comes with it:P

Good job, continue like taht and make sure the coffee is warm and sweet like the rest of the aircraft.

I've tried searching for this, but not seen it mentioned:

After watching the video from iflysimxofficial, I noticed that the v-speeds and flex temps were automatically filled in after inputting the flaps config. Should this not be inserted manually?

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, tomkellock92 said:

I've tried searching for this, but not seen it mentioned:

After watching the video from iflysimxofficial, I noticed that the v-speeds and flex temps were automatically filled in after inputting the flaps config. Should this not be inserted manually?

In real life yes, to make life easier our Airbusses always incorporated this automatic performance calculation feature however.

Many simmers do not know how to calculate them themselves, thus the rest of the fields will be filled automatically as soon as you enter the flaps.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, WatkinTench said:

To be fair, I've asked if release was within 2 weeks would it be known , answer was no. Aerosoft don't want to give any specifics., I imagine it will be a case of waking up one morning to a nice surprise, Mathjis has said they had a date in mind and won't share it with the general public, so I think the 2 weeks/ 2 months is the best indicator one can imagine getting.

It is all just a bit fun, definitely not mocking, or sarcasm.

22 minutes ago, eaim said:

It is all just a bit fun, definitely not mocking, or sarcasm.

A little bit of everything, I believe... ;)

7 hours ago, 747-400fan said:

anyway i think the release date is a surprise. Also Matrijs said it would release after the DC-8 so that may be a clue. By the way I hope you can use all of the jumpseats and sunshades :) so ALL of my sharded cockpit mates can assists the beautyful landings while sitting comfortably with a 22fps in VC when landing @ busy airports;) AAAAnd with the possibility to give them coffee and the little biscuit that comes with it:P

Good job, continue like taht and make sure the coffee is warm and sweet like the rest of the aircraft.

We are experimenting with the shades, but as this moment the current P3d version does not apply the correct shading with them, we are talking to Lockheed about that. We are not including sunshades that are just animations if they are not functional.

• Upvote 2