Helgoland AFS2

Raspou

Think my original question got lost in the shuffle.  Does Aerosoft intend to release Helgoland as a DLC on Steam for AFS2 or will purchase be limited to Aerosoft store?  Myself and others are indicating preference for a Steam option.

10 hours ago, Flyboy1 said:

Cool! I was having quite some fun myself doing exactly that while working on the Aerofly FS2 version of Helgoland. Other ideas: Try to land a fixed wind within the fenced boundary of the SAR helipad on Helgoland or the "Oberland" that is scattered with old bomb craters.

I haven't managed yet to land on the helipad of the moving frigate but I'm also not sure of Aerofly FS2 supports that for moving objects.

6 hours ago, uoutoftoon said:

Think my original question got lost in the shuffle.  Does Aerosoft intend to release Helgoland as a DLC on Steam for AFS2 or will purchase be limited to Aerosoft store?  Myself and others are indicating preference for a Steam option.

Pretty sure it will be released there through IPACS if you can wait a little (don't ask me how long, please). The initial releases will always be through the Aerosoft shop first though.

Bests,

Sascha

14 hours ago, Sasa said:

Pretty sure it will be released there through IPACS if you can wait a little (don't ask me how long, please). The initial releases will always be through the Aerosoft shop first though.

Thanks for the response Sascha,

I look forward to buying this scenery either way.  Hopefully the Steam option is around the corner.  Just my musings, but there appears to be a sizeable AFS2 market of folks who are not what you would call sim enthusiasts but have been drawn to Aerofly for the VR capability, especially younger simmers.  I encourage Aerosoft to work with IPACS to engage this group Where they reside; @Steam.

On 2/23/2018 at 10:06 PM, Jan Depenbusch said:

Helgoland got updated to Version 1.01. The Installer now supports moved Documents folder and the offshore park is now visible.

Regards

Jan

Great news, I am assuming this message at he download page does not apply?

Please login to display this image.

Mmm well I foolishly took a chance and there doesn't seem an option to install to another drive.

I am a Steam user, installing to D:\ (as opposed to Windows C:\drive)

I wonder if someone could describe the steps necessary to get this into the sim somewhere on the D:\ Drive please? 

13 hours ago, WingZ said:

Mmm well I foolishly took a chance and there doesn't seem an option to install to another drive.

I am a Steam user, installing to D:\ (as opposed to Windows C:\drive)

I wonder if someone could describe the steps necessary to get this into the sim somewhere on the D:\ Drive please? 

WingZ,

Have you added the line

<[string8][extra_user_folder][D:\extra_user_folder]>

in your main.mcf file?

The main.mcf file is located at C:\users\yourname\documents\Aerofly FS 2 folder.  It can be placed anywhere in the file.  You might search the file in case the line has already been added during a recent update and all you need to do is edit the part that identifies your D:\ drive.  Once you have the line edited correctly, be sure to save the file.

Next you need to create a folder on your D: drive named extra_user_folder as a root folder and make sure you add a subfolder for scenery.  Subfolders to the scenery folder are places and images.

Then specify that path for the Aerosoft installer to follow.  IPACS recommends only using this extra folder for scenery related files.

You can search the forum at Aerofly FS 2 to read more about this and to make sure I made it clear for you.

Regards,

Ray

Ray thanks for replying.

I think I recall Jeff saying on the IPACS Forum that the main.mcf file would be overwritten with any updates they push.

So it is a temporary workaround only.

Digging around my D:| drive I find that Steam has put stuff into

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\addons\scenery

and I wondered if that could be found by the installer for us Steamers?

I am extremely loathe to manually do things to installer-driven software as you could easily mess up something you were not aware of in the process.

Any case I get to the screen where you pull the trigger on the install, and see no option to point to another location.

It would be nice to have an auto-install to a selected folder.

If this cannot be done, I suppose I will throw the 15 Euro down the Drain of Experience and hope the scenery appears some day on Steam. 

No.  That is not for the user Scenery.  That is the IPACS area.  You need to direct Aerosoft to

D:\users\tech\documents\Aerofly FS 2\addons\

for the Aerosoft Helgoland - 

Regards,

Ray

WingZ,

Near the beginning of the install there will be a browse or something the change and confirm the install path.  It looks like all you need to do is change C to D.  The rest of the path should already be there.

Regards,

Ray

On 23/2/2018 at 5:06 AM, Jan Depenbusch said:

Helgoland got updated to Version 1.01. The Installer now supports moved Documents folder and the offshore park is now visible.

Regards

Jan

Well done by some soul at Aerosoft, thanks.

Cheers, Ed

Hi, could someone at Aerosoft please check if the new v1.01 installer replaced v1.00 in the downloads section of the accounts?. Seems to me that the installer is the same as the original as I don't see the offshore start locations and the installer does not allow to change the path to your desired user folder.

Thanks. Ed

On 23/2/2018 at 5:06 AM, Jan Depenbusch said:

Regards

Jan

Not my case here. Neither of these two issues seems to have been updated with v1.01.

Not happy.

Ed

12 hours ago, edpatino said:

Not my case here. Neither of these two issues seems to have been updated with v1.01.

Not happy.

Again to clarify: We had extensive talks about this with IPACS before release. Aerofly FS2 does not support picking a random folder for your sceneries. Editing the main.mcf file as mentioned above may be a way to get around this but is neither officially supported by us nor IPACS. If you do those changes (as suggested by Flyboy1 above), you do them at your own risk.

As of now the only possibility to change the installation path for the scenery is if you change the physical location of your whole user documents folder as described here.

The new version of the installer can detect that and will copy the files accordingly.

This is a limitation set by the simulator itself. IPACS aertainly has a good reason for doing this to ensure a stable flying environment as no other simulator offers. But for simulator related discussions  >The Aerofly Support Forum< would be the right place. There's simply no point bringing this up again and again for every single addon as long as it's a limitation set by the simulator itself.

Bests,
Sascha

9 hours ago, Sasa said:

Again to clarify: We had extensive talks about this with IPACS before release. Aerofly FS2 does not support picking a random folder for your sceneries. Editing the main.mcf file as mentioned above may be a way to get around this but is neither officially supported by us nor IPACS. If you do those changes (as suggested by Flyboy1 above), you do them at your own risk.

As of now the only possibility to change the installation path for the scenery is if you change the physical location of your whole user documents folder as described here.

The new version of the installer can detect that and will copy the files accordingly.

This is a limitation set by the simulator itself. IPACS aertainly has a good reason for doing this to ensure a stable flying environment as no other simulator offers. But for simulator related discussions  >The Aerofly Support Forum< would be the right place. There's simply no point bringing this up again and again for every single addon as long as it's a limitation set by the simulator itself.

Bests,
Sascha

And a solution for the non-visible offshore things?. As it can be seen on the attached extract of one of the TSC files, there's no parking location, or starting positions on the file on v1.01 (and v1.00).

Cheers, Ed

7 hours ago, edpatino said:

And a solution for the non-visible offshore things?. As it can be seen on the attached extract of one of the TSC files, there's no parking location, or starting positions on the file on v1.01 (and v1.00).

Of course not since there are no helicopters in Aerofly FS2 yet (see manual's chapter about this).

But the offshore platforms and wind turbines are all visible since the update. Did you check?

22 minutes ago, Sasa said:

Of course not since there are no helicopters in Aerofly FS2 yet (see manual's chapter about this).

But the offshore platforms and wind turbines are all visible since the update. Did you check?

No start locations shown for the Offshore platforms and wind turbines, that's what I'm pointing out. Should we expect that it will be start locations or not, because as stated in the Manual, page 27, they should be four (4) in total, two for Bulsum and Helgoland and two for the offshore things (see below):

• mittelplate

Start location/3D data for Mittelplate oil rig

• offshore

Start locations/3D data for offshore wind farms and
          platforms north of Helgoland

Thanks in advance for clarifying.

Cheers, Ed

18 hours ago, Sasa said:

And, BTW, your statement (underlined) is totally innacurate in what refers to IPACS. The feature of editing the MCF file adding an alternate path to your user sceneries is fully and officially supported by IPACS.

Cheers, Ed

On 3/2/2018 at 9:46 AM, edpatino said:

And, BTW, your statement (underlined) is totally innacurate in what refers to IPACS. The feature of editing the MCF file adding an alternate path to your user sceneries is fully and officially supported by IPACS.

I'm relaying what has been communicated to my my IPACS. In fact I had this underlined comment approved by IPACS before posting. They may have recommended editing config files manually to change paths to very experienced users like you in their forum. But this is nothing that is supported by the simulator by default - nothing we can expect the end user to do.

Again and also as requested by IPACS: It's not a Helgoland issue. If you want to have the folder selection be supported by the simulator itself, please refer to the Aerofly FS2 forums.

The installer guys are working on ways to bypass this limitation as folder/drive will certainly be a desirable feature for sceneries with a much larger disk requirement than Helgoland.

Bests,

Sascha

On 3/2/2018 at 9:12 AM, edpatino said:

No start locations shown for the Offshore platforms and wind turbines, that's what I'm pointing out. Should we expect that it will be start locations or not, because as stated in the Manual, page 27, they should be four (4) in total, two for Bulsum and Helgoland and two for the offshore things (see below):

• mittelplate

Start location/3D data for Mittelplate oil rig

• offshore

Start locations/3D data for offshore wind farms and
          platforms north of Helgoland

Thanks in advance for clarifying.

Cheers, Ed

Right, you refer to the file description chapter that was written before I was asked by IPACS to remove the start locations as long as helictoper flying is not supported (they will be inserted in an update as soon as helicopter flying in Aerofly FS2 becomes available).

I have those files with the start locations here; anyone interested in them can drop me a mail through support@aerosoft.de (point out to this post here and ask the email to be forwarded to the Helgoland developer).

Bests,

Sascha

Archived