Northeastern USA Scenery install

Archaeopteryx

I just bought your Northeastern USA Scenery for USA. When I run the installer it says it cannot find Aerofly FS2 and I should re-install from disk. My FS2 is in my Steam library and works perfectly. Orbx's FTX Central finds it without any trouble, but this doesn't. How can I install it?

Regards,

Bob Millar

• 1 year later...

Dear Jan

Same here. Bought at pcaviator. I realize now that there was a disclaimer "does not work with steam..."

Unfortunately I ran 7k and had 3 beers after a working day as a pharmacometrician, i.e. I was less than alert. 

I know that you have no legal obligations whatsoever, but please consider exchanging this vs the STEAM edition or tell me what I have to put into the registry and which fake folders/files I have to create. Sorry for this embarrassing post, hoping for your leniency/mercy. If no joy, would you mind to add the price paid to your Guder project? Then I would feel a bit less like an idiot.

BR

Thomas

You have received this notification from PC Aviator Inc because you are a registered user at our store.

Dear Customer,

You have ordered Electronically distributed products from our site. This message contains URLs from which they can be downloaded.

For assistance in downloading and installing your download, as well as other FAQ relating to your order of a download product, please refer to this FAQ page.

Download E-products:

SKU:   DL-ASNEAF
    Product:   Northeastern USA (Aerofly)
    Item price:   $14.36
    Filename:   AS_NORTHEASTERN-USA_AEROFLYFS2.zip
    Download URL:   https://www.pcaviator.com/store/download.php?id=305f0574919e85f5c08544ba96fbabd7
empty.gif
    SKU:   DL-MSEV3-UT
    Product:   MegaSceneryEarth 3 - Utah
    Item price:   $17.98
    Filename:   UtahV3_Setup.zip
    Download URL:   https://www.pcaviator.com/store/download.php?id=4a0e788f7c0ed13c01d8886085c88add
empty.gif  

1 hour ago, tbouillon1 said:

Dear Jan

Same here. Bought at pcaviator. I realize now that there was a disclaimer "does not work with steam..."

Unfortunately I ran 7k and had 3 beers after a working day as a pharmacometrician, i.e. I was less than alert. 

I know that you have no legal obligations whatsoever, but please consider exchanging this vs the STEAM edition or tell me what I have to put into the registry and which fake folders/files I have to create. Sorry for this embarrassing post, hoping for your leniency/mercy. If no joy, would you mind to add the price paid to your Guder project? Then I would feel a bit less like an idiot.

BR

Thomas

You have received this notification from PC Aviator Inc because you are a registered user at our store.

Dear Customer,

You have ordered Electronically distributed products from our site. This message contains URLs from which they can be downloaded.

For assistance in downloading and installing your download, as well as other FAQ relating to your order of a download product, please refer to this FAQ page.

Download E-products:

SKU:   DL-ASNEAF
    Product:   Northeastern USA (Aerofly)
    Item price:   $14.36
    Filename:   AS_NORTHEASTERN-USA_AEROFLYFS2.zip
    Download URL:   https://www.pcaviator.com/store/download.php?id=305f0574919e85f5c08544ba96fbabd7
empty.gif
    SKU:   DL-MSEV3-UT
    Product:   MegaSceneryEarth 3 - Utah
    Item price:   $17.98
    Filename:   UtahV3_Setup.zip
    Download URL:   https://www.pcaviator.com/store/download.php?id=4a0e788f7c0ed13c01d8886085c88add
empty.gif  

Jan will provide you with the best answer to this, but I'd like to chime in to say that since you did not purchase from us you really should approach the shop from which you purchased the product and ask them.  We just don't have a dog in this flight, so to speak.

Best wishes.

Dear Dave

Unfortunately your response is not entirely correct. 

pcaviator (verbatim):

Download Store Returns and Refunds
We are obligated to uphold the copyrights of the download vendors whose products we sell. The policy for download products is strictly no refunds. In some rare circumstances refunds are issued but it is not at our discretion but at the discretion of the download vendor. If you want a refund for a download store product you are required to contact the vendor and request permission for a refund. We will then provide a refund when the vendor has contacted us with permission to refund you. We trust that you are understanding of this policy.

So the bone of contention, to stick with the metaphor you brought up, has to be "fought" between us. The metaphor is wrong because there is nothing to fight about. I made a mistake, have no valid claim whatsoever, but would appreciate help. I am not asking for a refund, but to either make the product usable for me or put some money on the Guder account. What we have now is a lose-win, because I was sloppy and tired. If a refund is the only solution, OK, be assured I will put it into the steam version (steam, DLC for aerofly). I was puzzled because the ORBX products for aerofly (all fantastic) work out of the box without steam/no steam versions to be taken care of. 

BR

Thomas

PS: I would appreciate a Twin Otter conversion, have no clue what to land at Lukla in aerofly (Lukla fortunately bought via Steam :)).

2 minutes ago, tbouillon1 said:

Dear Dave

Unfortunately your response is not entirely correct. 

pcaviator (verbatim):

Download Store Returns and Refunds
We are obligated to uphold the copyrights of the download vendors whose products we sell. The policy for download products is strictly no refunds. In some rare circumstances refunds are issued but it is not at our discretion but at the discretion of the download vendor. If you want a refund for a download store product you are required to contact the vendor and request permission for a refund. We will then provide a refund when the vendor has contacted us with permission to refund you. We trust that you are understanding of this policy.

So the bone of contention, to stick with the metaphor you brought up, has to be "fought" between us. The metaphor is wrong because there is nothing to fight about. I made a mistake, have no valid claim whatsoever, but would appreciate help. I am not asking for a refund, but to either make the product usable for me or put some money on the Guder account. What we have now is a lose-win, because I was sloppy and tired. If a refund is the only solution, OK, be assured I will put it into the steam version (steam, DLC for aerofly). I was puzzled because the ORBX products for aerofly (all fantastic) work out of the box without steam/no steam versions to be taken care of. 

BR

Thomas

PS: I would appreciate a Twin Otter conversion, have no clue what to land at Lukla in aerofly (Lukla fortunately bought via Steam :)).

Nope, sorry, I was correct.

Sorry, but we can be of no further assistance with this matter.  Please direct all future inquiries regarding this matter to the shop you purchased the product.

Best wishes.

Archived