AIRAC cycle not loading.

vicsim7

I use FSX:SE and I have recently bought the membership to Navigraph.  I have used the FMS Data manager to download the AIRAC cycle to my A318/A319 (installed through the .exe provided by you and for the A320/A321 (via DLC from Steam).   After running the FMS Data manager the Data seems to install to the folder shown in the screenshots. However when i load any of the 4 aircraft the MCDU (L) shows empty Nav data.   Please advise on what to do.  (please note the dates on the Navigraph folders.

Please login to display this image.

Tom thanks for your reply....I did as you suggested and now it DOES come up for the A320/A321.   Not the case for the A318/A319 pack.  Mind you these two packs were bought separately, one from Steam as a DLC (A320/21) and the other from FSPILOTSHOP.  So.....having said that....I have verified the that the installation is the same exact for the files, I compared them both side by side and they both match.  See Screenshot.  I am about to reinstall the A318/A319 pack and see if after that (with a fresh installation) I can update the AIRAC cycle.  I am very concerned about this because cycles change every month....Am I going to be going through this every month?  Doing this should not be that hard!!

Do I have the right paths?  Am I downloading the wrong AIRAC?  Should I download the manual installation for the Extended version?  I have downloaded and successfully installed the highlighted version. See screenshots.

Please help!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Although you have the two Airbus packages installed at two different locations (due to have one regular package and one DLC), they both should read their configuration from one and the same location:

• C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\

In this folder you will find a file NavData.ini. You can use a regular text editor like the Windows NotePad to open and edit that file.

The file contains the nav data configuration like this

[NavData]
useNavDataPro=1
pathNavDataPro=Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\NavDataPro\
pathNavigraph=Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\Navigraph\
NavdataNewSpec=1

What you should do is to change the both configured folder from relative format (relative to the sim base folder) to absolute format, like this:

[NavData]
useNavDataPro=1
pathNavDataPro=D:\Prepar3D v4\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\NavDataPro\
pathNavigraph=D:\Prepar3D v4\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\Navigraph\
NavdataNewSpec=1

You can use either the FSE:SE or the DLC location.

Afterwards all buses should load their navigation data from there, and on the monthly AIRAC cycle update you should only have to update that location.

Very interesting indeed.  So here are my final findings.

I had to do the following in order to get the AIRAC installed.

First I cleaned up.   I deleted the AIRAC cycles that I had previously tried to install.  No Navigraph folders in the DLC or the Aerosoft folder.  Also the one on the C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\

Second,  I uninstalled the 318/319 bus pack (.exe).   A320/21 (DLC from Steam) remained intact.

Third, Restarted machine

Fourth, Installed the A318/319 pack from scratch.   Again, restarted machine.

Fifth, checked that the AIRAC came up for the 2015 version, which it indeed did.

Sixth, I then went to Navigraph and MANUALLY downloaded the AIRAC for the bus.  The name of the file is Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 (Not Extended)

Seventh, executed the install under the path shown on screenshot.  (I also chose for the current AIRAC to be backed up, the executable gives you the option)

Eight - Did not change the path of the install to the current Navigaph folder, I left it alone.

I thank you for your guidance Tom without it I would not have figure it out.  If the next cycle does not work the same way then I will try the fix you are offering on the NavData.ini.

Cheers!

Victor

Archived