Cat launch help

JWilder

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here.  I get the tomcat lined up, I "extend the water rudder" to kneel the plane.  But, it kneels only for a second before bouncing back up to the taxi position.  I can't get it to stay kneeled.  On a hunch, I hit the takeoff assist key, it lined me up on the cat but the plane's nose just started bouncing back and forth between kneel and taxi.

I followed the instructions in the documentation.  Flaps are down, wings extended, inlet ramps on auto, engines set to zone V.  What am I missing?

13 hours ago, JWilder said:

I'm running FSX:Steam Edition, I've never heard of EZdock2, is that a requirement?

No Ezdock2 is not a requirement...I ask you this question because Ezdock2 in P3Dv4.1 causes some detrimental effects with some planes. In the F-14 it is necessary to remove an option from Ezdock to prevent the plane from jumping. It could have been your problem, but since you have neither P3D nor Ezdock 2, I do not see where your problem is, sorry.

Regards,

I tried their solution and still wasn't able to get it to work.  The Acceleration F-18 works fine off the Kitty Hawk, so I know it's not a problem with acceleration.

I had steam verify the integrity of the install, and it reacquired a bunch of files, but I still cannot launch the F-14 off a carrier.  I really hope this can be fixed.  The Acceleration compatibility was the main reason I purchased this aircraft, since the IRIS Tomcat is not Acceleration ready.  Since the custom system doesn't seem to work, is there a way to rig it to work with the default Acceleration commands?

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

I too can't launch the F-14 from a carrier. Flying it on P3D V4.2

I get the catapult armed and the blast shields up, but when I hit Shift+space the blast shields fold back and no launch.

BTW, I'm using SWS Midway Battle-group carriers, but it is same for all carriers. 

Thanks, David

Me too, I'm having problem with FSX + Acceleration pack, Tomcat V2.02. The Cat do not launch and pressing shift + W make the strut compress halfway and then coming back.

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem for me for FSX Steam. Neither the switch in the cockpit or the water rudder command will get the plane to kneel and extend the launch bar. It starts to go down then goes right back up. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plane with both the FSX regular and Steam versions.

If I taxi up the the catapult shift-i will attach the plane to the cat, but I cant get it to launch no matter what I do.

• 1 month later...

Has there been a solution to this problem? Suddenly having the same issue. I've owned the Aerosoft F-14 for quite some time now and never had any problems...until now. Tomcat will not catapult launch on any cat, on any ship (Kitty, Javier's Nimtz, or SDB's Enterprise). Atempted to keel nose strut via in cockpit switch...nothing (worked before). Tried Shift+W, nothing (used to work before). Tried Ctrl+W: nose strut starts to keel but then rebounds to full extension. As Zeroskills stated, Shift+I will keel the strut and attach the aircraft to the cat, but Shift+SPACE does nothing now. In the past, everything was functional. Haven't bought any add-on recently that I could possible attribute to the issue. I have no problems with other Naval aircraft, and I've reinstalled the F-14 with no improvement.

Noticed another issue recently also, but not sure if the problem is related. When spawning a carrier via Tacpack, there are no ILS needles/info. TACAN works fine. I am aware that TACAN/ILS freqs are hard-coded in the Aerosoft F-14, but when using the proper freq, for the proper ship, in the proper steering sub-mode (AWL/PCD) there's nothing. Spawning with AI ships, everything works fine.

Setup:

Windows 7

FSX + Acceleration

Aerosoft F-14 Tomcat V2.02

Tacpack ver 1.4.3.4

FSUIPC (licensed ver)

Any solution to this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

Archived