Sensitive & delicate

farman

Hi,

happy to fly again the Tomcat in P3D v4. Unfortunately I found the very same issue of the former version. After lots of test flights, in the end on my pc (and on another simmer's one - friend of mine -, with a much powerful high-end machine) this aircraft is flyable and manageable only at the default "Fair weather" setting or less. If I only switch to "Cold fronts", the dances begin; not only, it goes for some moment out of control, making the landings a pain in the neck..

Well, this is just a feedback, since I understand that if this issue has been dragged even in v3, I can't expect anything. Time ago I was been told that the culprit might have been a third party weather engine (in my case AS4); but now I'm flying using the static, default setting. it's a real pity; this software is beautifully made.

Thanks for any answer & regards,

Fulvio 

If you disable turbulence effects this will stop occurring. As I understand it, this is more a limitation of flight modelling, such that in order to get an accurate flight model for fighters, they become oversensitive to turbulence. If you disable turbulence you should be ok.

• Aerosoft

It is indeed a very fine balance where we think correct flight models are more important than being able to handle weather. However, it seems to be extreme on your system because I can't share these experiences. Keep in mind that a high FPS is incredibly important when flying in turbulence. If the flightmodel falls behind things go very wrong.

Hi,

thanks for your valuable and correct advice; actually, disabling the "turbolence" effect, no dancing in the air anymore.

Just two more questions; is it possible to 1) operate the ladder by the usual Shift+2 command (if I'm not wrong, I didn't find anything on the manual) and 2) should it be possible, with the plane C&D at the parking, let the plane with the empty cockpit (pilots at the bar for a coffee...).

Thanks again for any answer,

Fulvio

If you search for the documentation, which should be in the simobjects folder within the 'myaddons' folder, if you go to Vol. 3 'Cockpit and Controls,' there is a breakdown of all the controls.

If I recall correctly, ladder is either floats extend, or retract.

2. I can't say I've seen this explicitly, but I imagine with the ladder down and parking brakes this should happen?

Hi, thanks for the advice. I've just tested: the controls are:" ctrl+W" (water rudder on/off) for the ladder. When the aircraft is ate rest, the pilots are at the bar for the coffee :lol:

Shift+W is the control for the launch bar.

Archived