Sasa

Berlin Brandenburg Professional

Great news! I've been hoping for this one to complement Tegel. I love the FSX version's ability to depict EDDB today as well as the future build-out look.

• Upvote 1

I remember that back in 2013 (!!!) when we started Beta testing the first FSX BER we were making silly jokes about the flightsim version beeing online before the realworld counterpart. Hahahahahahahahahaha... History repeating :blink:

Cheers

Thorsten

• Upvote 1

vor 7 Stunden , Sasa sagte:

Looks simply fantastic in P3Dv4+. A preliminary feature list and screenshots:

• Highly detailed rendition of Berlin Brandenburg International Airport "Willy Brandt" (BER)
• Includes the older Schönefeld (SXF) airport (north of BER) with the same level of detail
• Two AFCAD versions that can be switched to your liking: BER open or SXF only
• Numerous dynamic objects such as apron vehicles; road and train traffic
• Animated visual docking systems and jetways (Ctrl + J)
• High resolution day and night textures (2048px²)
• Extensive coverage of over 100km² with high resolution aerial imagery (0.2-0.4m/px)
• Complex mesh terrain even depicting smaller terrain features (e.g. elevated streets, quarries...)
• Realistic 3D grass and vegetation
• Highly detailed manual including charts (PDF)
• Compatible with all known add-ons
• Optional patch for ORBX FTX Germany North
• Dynamic Lights
• Automatic season switching
• Automatic activation of airport lighting equipment in bad weather conditions
• Exported using the P3D v4 SDK

Hello Sasa,
that's fantastic news !!
Will you also get the new parking positions and the construction of the new taxiways?
I'm really looking forward to EDDB in P3Dv4.

best regards from Berlin,
Patrick

EDDB Charts 2017.PNG

• Upvote 1

Uh... and because this question will come up as certainly as "Das Amen in der Kirche" as we like to say in Germany (and as I just see: it did!)

As some on site enthusiasts may be aware of: Yes, we are aware there has been and is some ongoing construction in the northeastern area. GA hangars have been torn down to make room for a new taxiway, a small temporary government terminal has been build, the observation tower torn down and taxiway courses have changed slightly.

Interestingly these changes are not part of the published Masterplan 2040 but seem to be more related to make everything ready for the final government terminal come at some point in the future. The details of that are obviously not shared publicly in detail.

Please note that the new version will NOT show these changes. We had an in depth discussion here about if it makes sense to show ongoing construction works in a scenery. From a workflow perspective it does not.

For now BER Professional focuses on bringing the airport into P3D v4+ by using the latest design techniques plus a few advance changes with the gate assignment in preparation for the government apron handover. The scenery runs and looks so much better than in FSX or any P3D version before. More screenshots to follow soon.

Bests,

Sascha

• Upvote 1

Such a great addon.Now the only thing that is missing is the airport in real life

4 hours ago, BratpfanneLp said:

Nice, but why no SODE-Gates?

We have explained this a few times. There are two aspects.

1) SODE is done by one person, if he has any problems the whole development stops. The source code is in the hands of one person, not a company with contracts etc. Now Jeffrey is a good friend and a great guy, but just like me and you he can run under a bus.

2) If the next version of P3D v4 make SODE impossible in any way (and we have seen that happen, just in the last 8 weeks our bus projects were seriously halted because of a P3D v4 bug) we would be left with a warehouse of boxes that are worthless. If you only do downloads you can pull the product and wait for a solution but try to do that with thousands of products in retail. And yes, boxes are a big part of our market, just last week I was in major shops (like Mediamarket) that had 20 of our products in box on the shelves.

Apart from that, do not think of the standard animations as they were years ago. Control J gates are a lot better than they used to be. In the end, if you feel you absolutely need SODE, you need to decide if you want this update or not. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

1) SODE is done by one person, if he has any problems the whole development stops. The source code is in the hands of one person, not a company with contracts etc. Now Jeffrey is a good friend and a great guy, but just like me and you he can run under a bus.

It might be developed by one person but it is a standard feature with GSX which keeps it up to date.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

vor 1 minute, phlpeo sagte:

It might be developed by one person but it is a standard feature with GSX which keeps it up to date.

are you shure - as far as I understand GSX can TRIGGER the SODE Jetways but FSDT is not keeping the SODE engine itself up to date (please correct me if I'm wrong)

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, data63 said:

are you shure - as far as I understand GSX can TRIGGER the SODE Jetways but FSDT is not keeping the SODE engine itself up to date (please correct me if I'm wrong)

They don’t develop it but keep it up to date in the sim because there live update feature downloads it to be updated.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

No, simply no.

As far as I know they do not have the source code any less then we have the source code and I am 100% sure GSX will not offer you any guarantees SODE will work with P3D 4.2. 

• Upvote 3

Mathijs

Wouldn't it be possible to implement both Control-J and SODE-Gateways, maybe as a selectable option during installation process?

You would make a lot of customers happy and you would be on the safe side regarding future developments...

Would sound like a win-win-situation to me!

Cheers

Greg

• Upvote 2

Oliver

Many thanks for your feedback, I'm looking forward to the release of both the airport and the additional pack!

But the Intention of my post was to have a wider scope than just this airport, I had all future Aerosoft airport releases in mind...

Cheers

Greg

32 minutes ago, gmeyer said:

Oliver

Many thanks for your feedback, I'm looking forward to the release of both the airport and the additional pack!

But the Intention of my post was to have a wider scope than just this airport, I had all future Aerosoft airport releases in mind...

Cheers

Greg

That depents on the developers, Sim-wings Products have start to do it this way for example.

Hi guys,

Just four screenshots from a test run above Berlin Brandenburg I did yesterday with the latest version of P3Dv4.2

l3PHdEX.jpg

OmPQBsR.jpg

kDpMqbA.jpg

iFy1s1h.jpg

Cheers,

Ruud

• Upvote 3

What a fine airport :wacko:.

Anyway, I am glad to get it available in Prepar3d4. Thanks for the preview.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1