Aircraft does not load all of the last saved state

CRJ Version: 1.0.3.0

P3Dv4 Version: 4.1.7.22841

Having problems with CRJ recovering flights (after CTD) by saving flights in P3Dv4.  Sadly, I've accepted CTDs as a part of my regular flight sim experience and try to work around them by saving my flights regularly to minimize any lost time.

However, the CRJ does *NOT* reload the entire aircraft state (most importantly, the FMS with its IFR flight plan!) making this plane among the most problematic to recovery from CTDs.  Sorry, I searched the forums and saw nothing under "aircraft state" or "saved flight" that is helpful or current.

As you can imagine, I am hesitant to I start a flight wondering if I'm going to make it to my destination without a CTD.   At the very least, we need to be able to load/restore ALL the critical in-flight information to ensure completion of the flight.   This is not a rights issue, as some aircraft states/conditions are saved.  I am running P3D as "administrator".  And all other aircraft restore all vital FMS/FMC information just fine. 

Is this a known issue?  And, if so, is it being looked at?  Or am I alone out here?  :(

Thank you in advance!

Hi Mathijs.  I have to say you seem to be missing the point.  The CRJ 700/900 does not appear to be saving the FMS setting (flight plan, performance data, etc.) when saving a situation.  This means A, you can only start a flight that you have time to complete, ie, you cannot save a flight part way though, and B, you can not save a flight part way through so that you can, say, practice an approach or try a different approach to a alternate runway.

Its this a known limitation in the aircraft, or a bug, or a problem in the setup?.  The manual seems to imply that the full panel state should be saved when saving a situation.

• 4 weeks later...

I've checked again with update 105 and 106 and still no improvement.  Also noticed that if you are on the ground, powered via the APU, when re-loading the saved situation, it start with the APU still spooling up, so the FMC is not powered and hance any restored settings would be lost anyway.

Still waiting for a fix before I can fly this bird.

On 12.2.2018 at 08:42, Hans Hartmann sagte:

It's not saving/loading the FMS state at this point. That is correct (and known). It's on my list of things to be added.

Thats an absolute NO-GO !!

Not to have the possibility to save correctly a flight prevents me even more from using this plane :-(

the whole thing is unfortunately still a disaster...

...I hope you can use this plane someday !

hope never ends

ggerolamo

• 4 months later...

Appreciate the efforts put in the new update, however:

I was waiting for update 1.2 / SP1 for a long time, because I also want to have the FMS state (current route etc.) saved when saving a flight (I thought that would be fixed with this update? It would be one of the most important parts for me with any future update).

But I tested it again with this new update, but on my computer it didn't save the FMS state. Also, for example the Altitude setting on front panel is not saved when saving the flight. Probably other settings like NAV freq. etc. are also not saved? (but I didn't check that).

Is this correct? For me this is very important, even for short flights (to be able to continu later when I have more time (I am not skilled enough to complete a whole flight in one go in the free time I have available)).

I use Win10-64b with FSX 32 bit boxed & steam versions (which I would like to keep using still for a long time, I can't/won't reinvest everything in Prepar3D again), so please keep 32 bit support alive!!!). Next to that I am not a student nor professional user (according to the license agreement I can't even use Prepar3D I believe...).

I've had similar, except it was rather more than you seem to have experienced - the engines were running when the save was made but not when it was loaded.  However the remedy was to load the saved flight again without doing anything else in between, that got the CRJ back to the state it was in when the save was made.  This seems similar to the issue I've reported in another thread where I have to select an aircraft state twice in DAVE for it to take effect.  I'm running FSX:SE with the latest version (1.2.2) of the CRJ - like you I'd take some convincing I could use P3D without breaking the conditions of the EULA.

Andy L

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried 2 times loading the same saved flight (without doing anything else in between) but both times FSX crashed in my case.

But I experienced with Dave same as you: loading multiple times a certain aircraft state before it has effect.

Archived