Antarctica X Approach Lights

elsmoko

Under what circumstances should the flashing approach lights be ON at the McMurdo airfields after they have been enabled with the Scenery Tool?  I have attempted to enable the lights 

with the Antarctica X Scenery Tool; but they don't  function.  I've tried them in low visibility and in night time (dark) condition.  The VASI and Rwy End Lights are present (but no approach lights).

BTW,  in an effort to correct this,  I downloaded and (re)installed the latest issue of Antarctica X (2 days ago) which I assume has the latest version of the Scenery Tool.  I still see the error message

when I select "Apply Current Settings".  The season changes and the static aircraft are present,  but no approach lights. 

When I downloaded and attempted to install the "stand alone" Scenery Tool installation file I also received an error message (please see screen caps below).

Best to all,

Ken Boardman

Please login to display this image.

Hi Mathjis,

I am the administrator of record on my PC.  That is the way I installed my OS.  So I believe

that programs (normally) automatically recognize this and install with Administrative Rights.

In 7 years I've had no problems installing programs due to Admin Rights issues.

Thank you,

Ken

I will try as you suggest Mathjis.

Below is a quote from an earlier message that I emailed to your Support Rep Tom Sanchez. 

I would be very interested in your "take" on it. 

Best regards,
Ken

>>I originally installed Antarctica X from the retail Disk. I did not have problems
with the Configuration (Scenery) Tool,  and the McMurdo approach lights

functioned. I am considering uninstalling my updated Antarctica X (Version 1.30
I believe); and then reinstalling it from my original Disk.
Can you tell me what I would be missing if I do this?  In other words, generally what

have the updates to Antarctica X added since it's release. Perhaps there

is information on Aerosoft web site about this (list of changes), but

I've not been able to find it.   If most of the changes have been for

users of P3D then it shouldn't effect me much because I'm strictly a

n FSX (ab)user ~:)  On the other hand, if there's been significant
improvements in the content and / or rendering then I'll likely not
mess with my current install; and I'll hope Mathijs will get something
useful for me from the Anarctica X developer. <<

Hi Mathjis,

This afternoon after "right clicking" V1.30 Setup.exe file and selecting to "Run This Program as an Administrator" ;   I uninstalled and then reinstalled the new V1.30 of Antarctica X .

When I tried to use the Scenery Tool, it still gave me the error message when I exited. Then, when I tested NZWD in FSX,  I still had no flashing approach lighting in low

visibility.  I then ran the "Updater" for the Scenery Tool as Administrator and it gave me the same error message as before.  After that I manually copied the (updated) Antarctica X

file to my FSX Antarctica X folder and ran the new Scenery Tool file from there.  I still get the error message when I exit the Scenery Tool and it fails to apply the changes.

uploaded a few screen captures to illustrate.......

Thank you for your help with this.

Ken 

>>I originally installed Antarctica X from the retail Disk. I did not have problems
with the Configuration (Scenery) Tool,  and the McMurdo approach lights

functioned. I am considering uninstalling my updated Antarctica X (Version 1.30
I believe); and then reinstalling it from my original Disk.
Can you tell me what I would be missing if I do this?  In other words, generally what

have the updates to Antarctica X added since it's release? Perhaps there

is information on Aerosoft web site about this (list of changes), but

I've not been able to find it.   If most of the changes have been for

users of P3D then it shouldn't effect me much because I'm strictly a

n FSX (ab)user ~:)  On the other hand, if there's been significant
improvements in the content and / or rendering then I'll likely not
mess with my current install. <<

Hi Mathjis,

The config.ini file that you provided appears to have fixed the Scenery Tool error message and the tool appears

to be working;  however I still don't have the flashing Approach Lights to the runways at NZWD and NZPG.  The

light assemblies are being rendered (I can see all of them in their rows at the runways where they are installed); 

they just are not lighting.  Can you tell  me what files create the effect.  The necessary files may be missing,

corrupt or perhaps the Approach Light effect is being interfered with by another program or effect.  Just a few

months ago,  they were functioning properly. 

The PAPI lights, Approach Bars, and Runway End Lights (Decision Bars) are working fine; 

just not the sequenced flashing Approach / Lead-In lights.  Also the Approach Bars are very dim or perhaps

not lighted at all.

I can provide more screen shots if it will help.

Thank you again.

Ken  

Thank you for trying to help with this Mathijs.  I am still trying to find a solution >  likely due to something I've installed (an add-on) or a setting I've made ~:(

Stuff I've tried :

- Tried several reinstalls of latest version (1.30) of Antarctica X >   also an installation of the original V1.0 from my disk 

- Tried many different settings adjustments in the FSX Options\Display settings

- Removed the afflicted airfields (ie. NZWD, NZPG, NZIR) from the PILOT'S AFM Configurator_RC2

- I've tried disabling all FSGU, and Orbx Global LC and Orbx Vector in the FSX Scenery settings >  one add-on at a time,  and in combination

- Also have tried moving Antarctica X at top of FSX scenery hierarchy 

- Also have tested the approach / lead in lights for proper function at several other FSX airports (ie. KLAX, PHNL, PANC, and others).  All function normally

- Tried rolling back my Nvidia drivers from the latest version to Version 347.88 (an idea from another thread).  My Video card is EVGA GTX960.

I can't imagine what's changed to cause this but hope to find out soon.  I'm still working on it

Best regards,

Ken

Archived