777/200R/F Database

Buffalobill

ok I can do that just seems a shame after purchasing the boxed version of 777/200 it is not the latest edition and I have to do all this researching I have purchased the 777/300 and cant use it at present because of a     product that is not fit for purpose you would have thought the box version would have been fully updated.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:46 AM, Buffalobill said:

...you would have thought the box version would have been fully updated.

When Aerosoft puts a disc in the box to send to a retailer, it's the version current at that time. They have no control over the location or transfer of the box once it leaves their warehouse, so it's neither realistic nor efficient for Aerosoft to "chase" boxes in the distribution channel with updated discs. Rather, the update service provided is the quickest and most efficient way to get updates to users of boxed products.

Also, you used "database" in your subject line. Just for clarity, are you seeking help to get the current version of the add-on or the current version of the nav database? The latter is a different issue, but we can point you in the right direction for it. The nav database for any add-on aircraft needs a separate subscription to one of a number of sources to be current. For the PMDG products for example, the tutorials (very necessary to fly a few times to understand how to use the add-on) only work correctly with the nav database version that comes with that aircraft

• Deputy Sheriffs

As you say, fair enough. Did you follow through with Otto's suggestion to contact support@aerosoft.com? There's a lot we can do on the forums, but some things, such as your registration of the 4 box products without then gaining access to the update files, are best handled at the support address.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Herman I managed to get the 777/300 on my computer after a while but it is cold and dark by that I mean I cant access any controls buttons or displays. it is just as it would be if you started from scratch with the aeroplane. I can look at it from outside ware it is parked only. I wondered if you have come across this one before. Also there is no initialisation period and I have to put in the code  each time I want to or try to use the 777/300.

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

I don't have the PMDG 777 but I've used their 737NG/NGX since FS9, so having no initialization period (about 10-15 seconds on the NGX) and having to enter a code each time sounds like something is wrong. Some things to check first:

• If the update was a .zip file, did you unpack it using some utility other than the one built into Windows?
  • Did you install by right clicking the executable and choosing the Administrator option?
  • Are you starting the sim with the startup page open (thus NOT going immediately to a saved flight) and not using a saved startup with any complex aircraft (such as a PMDG product)?

Please respond back with your response to the suggestions to see if there's anything else obvious. Also, please indicate the sim version you're using and confirm your disc based version installed and works correctly before you did the update.

If the answer to all three questions is yes, you'll save a step by going to the PMDG supported Avsim forum for further assistance. They're the experts on the add-on as they developed it. Here's a link to the PMDG forum if you don't already know about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in answering Herman, But all is well after around 4 days of late nights and plenty coffee. I totally cleaned my drives and set up FSX on my D drive and directed just about everything to do with my flight sim, to it. It seems to me iv not had all my sim stuff together  ware necessary anyway with a little help from other guys and yourself i am now enjoying the dizzy heights with PMDG777/300ER. Its been a learning curve for me but it goes to show how frustrating flight sim can be if you just get something a tad out of sinc. I have the PMDG 737/800 and 900 also my favourite jet the PMDG MD11. Im hoping my trial with the 777 has put me in good stead for them. I have flown the 767 LD for many years and loved it but had to move on as it was becoming extinct within the virtual flying club i am  with (BAV) there is a huge difference between them but Level D was a ground.breaker when it first came out. So anyway Herman  i thought id say thank you for your assistance and advice. also to anyone else who advised.

Regards

Bill

Airborne

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thank you for the good news about now being able to enjoy your up-to-date 777 and the appreciation for my support. Happy simming!

On an utterly unrelated note, it wasn't until I noticed the "Airborne" under you sig that I realized the significance of the beret and flash as well as the cemetery in the background. Thank you for your support of those who served and those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived