Autopilot won't Activate

Hi! I just purchased the CRJ today, and I took it for a test flight. When I got in the air and tried to turn the autopilot on, it didn't and just the sound of the autopilot disengaging was played. Does anyone know of how I might be able to fix this, or maybe I'm not doing something?

Thanks!

I had this problem when I first got the CRJ. Solved the problem by turning on the Yaw dampers after I got round to reading the manual. If you can not enable autopilot, check the displays and there will be a warning message to tell you that the yaw dampers are not switched on, that should confirm the above to what the problem may be.

Hi again! Thanks for your suggestion about the yaw damper, I turned it on, and now the autopilot will engage. Once again thank you, and have enjoy your day!

On 1/27/2018 at 4:02 AM, zacklaws said:

check the displays and there will be a warning message to tell you that the yaw dampers are not switched on

Out of curiosity, which display should this error be showing on, because I am not seeing anything other than the letters AP appear in red on the Captain's PFD.

Without going into the program itself, off top of my head there is a yellow caution warning on one of the displays if it is not turned on. Turn the yaw dampers on and the message goes away. Its not on the PFD, I think its on the EICAS dispaly on the central instrument panel.

Archived