ND Font - Only Affecting Certain ND text (V1.31)

amahran

Hi,

I have a bit of a weird situation here. I stopped flying the Airbus series for a few months and flew the ERJ's and PMDG 737's mostly...but I came back to the A319 recently and saw this screwy font appearing on my ND:

Please login to display this image.

Now I tried following steps to resolve this issue, and went over details in this thread, this thread, and this thread (although I didn't follow through with modifying the panel.cfg because that's a hackjob solution that is impossible to keep track of). Finally, in a last ditch effort, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Airbus package (A318, 19, 20, and 21), following ALL the steps of the uninstall to the letter, including restarting the computer between pretty much every single step.

Nonetheless, the issue persisted, so I tried to resolve the issue using this thread one last time, and there were no changes.

What should I do at this point to resolve this issue? Do note that this only appears on the MAP display on the ND, I don't see this font appearing on any other displays (as shown below):

Installation details:

• FSX-Steam Edition
  • Windows 7-64 Bit
  • 16GB RAM
  • More hard drive space than necessary
  • i7 4790k

• Deputy Sheriffs

And you are sure that there was no Steam process running in the background (checked this in the Taskmanager?) while you reinstalled the Airbus?

I escaped steam using the "Exit Steam" option (the one that shuts it down, not the one that just closes windows). I didn't verify it in Task Manager, but Steam generally behaves itself on this PC.

EDIT: I completed the reinstall doing all the above, this time verifying that steam was exited while doing the uninstalls and reinstalls. Took it a step further and even verified that my anti-virus was inactive. Nonetheless, the issue persists.

• Deputy Sheriffs

That's a default font of FSX/P3D. You should find it below your FSX:SE program folder (in the "fonts" folder). Right click the file and select "Install". Afterwards a reboot of your system might be a good idea.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived