Zürich Pro : trees take down fps by almost 50%

GSalden

Hello team,

On my triple view setup Zürich Pro ( icw Swiss Pro ) was very taxing regarding performance. Framerate max 16 on runway 14 when landing.

Disabling DL or using lower resolution textures made no difference.

Then I took out the trees.bgl file and the framerate went up to 29...

Frankfurt Pro has way more trees but disabling them is just a 23% difference.

The Zürich Pro trees also are not connected to the AG or Scen Compl slider , so it is impossible to lower their density.

I even resized the trees textures but no difference.

The detail of the airport does not have a lot of influence on the framerate ; only the trees.bgl.

Perhaps the developer can take a look at the trees and their enormeous impact on the framerate...

thanks, Gerard

If you have a BGL file, then the trees are placed as scenery objects and that is a much more ineffective manner than using the SDK autogen format. If there are a lot of trees, they should have been assigned differing scenery complexity levels. Otherwise, throwing all those scenery objects into a detailed scenery will turn things into a slideshow.

On 25-1-2018 at 12:47 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Could it be you are using the new trees of P3d V4? They are very demanding on fps.

No speed trees in use.

This is just a trees.bgl file that is very taxing on the system.

it is even 36 mb in size !

Dyn Lighting + HDR is less heavy than those trees.

It would be nice If the developer could modify the file so it will display different amounts of trees according to either the scenery complexity slider or the AG vegetation slider... 

Archived