Slow Downloads Anchorage Professional again....

chkl

The last topic was locked, but I am downloading the updated version from the World mirror and am lucky to get 500 KB/s

The server is an AWS server in Europe, could that be the reason? I am in America. 3 hours left to go... sometimes it bounces up to 1 MB then right back down again.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The "AWS" server is an Amazon Web Services server that is outside the control of Aerosoft, so nothing they can do. The issue is somewhere between the AWS side and your end. As an Amazon enterprise, AWS is pretty much as good as anybody can get. Obviously, your mileage may vary, as you've discovered.

In my recent experience downloading that very file earlier today and using Internet Download Manager (IDM), with the German site, I'd get up to about 92-93% and then all 8 concurrent connections started dropping off one by one leaving all of them dead at 97-98%. With the World site, at least I could finish the download at about the same speed as the German one. Over a DSL line in Washington state, I saw right around 1.7 MB/sec, which is as fast as I ever get on this line. My suggestion is to stick with the World server since it behaves as the better of the two, and if you're not using a download manager (IDM gets pretty good marks), using one could help with the download time.

5 hours ago, Herman said:

The "AWS" server is an Amazon Web Services server that is outside the control of Aerosoft, so nothing they can do. The issue is somewhere between the AWS side and your end. As an Amazon enterprise, AWS is pretty much as good as anybody can get. Obviously, your mileage may vary, as you've discovered.

In my recent experience downloading that very file earlier today and using Internet Download Manager (IDM), with the German site, I'd get up to about 92-93% and then all 8 concurrent connections started dropping off one by one leaving all of them dead at 97-98%. With the World site, at least I could finish the download at about the same speed as the German one. Over a DSL line in Washington state, I saw right around 1.7 MB/sec, which is as fast as I ever get on this line. My suggestion is to stick with the World server since it behaves as the better of the two, and if you're not using a download manager (IDM gets pretty good marks), using one could help with the download time.

I do not have any knowledge of their service, so I am just assuming that Aerosoft could pay for more bandwidth to give us a faster download? If it does not go like that then please feel free to correct me.

• Aerosoft

No, that would only make sense if we would be running out of bandwidth and that is not the case. The issue is really between the Amazon servers and your house, absolutely nothing we can do about that (other then find other servers, but as Hermann said, AWS is about as good as it gets).

On 1/25/2018 at 9:14 AM, gear up and off said:

The last topic was locked, but I am downloading the updated version from the World mirror and am lucky to get 500 KB/s

The server is an AWS server in Europe, could that be the reason? I am in America. 3 hours left to go... sometimes it bounces up to 1 MB then right back down again.

Why don't you check your internet speed? Or your server ? In my side, it runs normally.

Archived