Terrain.cfg file should be included

Gabe777

Hi,

Considering purchasing this software.

One thing that appears to be missing is the ability to have different versions of the terrain.cfg file, at least in FSX.

FTX makes a lot of changes to it and if I want to run GenX photoscenery for example, I need to copy across a set of 3 files to their respective folders, or things are a total mess.

FSX.cfg

Scenery.cfg

Terrain.cfg

These 3 are always grouped together for me.

Could this addition be added to your program ?

Thnx.

• Deputy Sheriffs

What about adding a small batch file to the run set of your profile, which just copies these files before starting the sim?

• Developer
vor 6 Stunden , Gabe777 sagte:

Hi,

Considering purchasing this software.

One thing that appears to be missing is the ability to have different versions of the terrain.cfg file, at least in FSX.

FTX makes a lot of changes to it and if I want to run GenX photoscenery for example, I need to copy across a set of 3 files to their respective folders, or things are a total mess.

FSX.cfg

Scenery.cfg

Terrain.cfg

These 3 are always grouped together for me.

Could this addition be added to your program ?

Thnx.

No. The terrain.cfg won't be added to SIMstarter NG at the moment. This would cause more complexitiy to most of the users. But it already supports "AutogenConfigMerger" if you are familiar with that.

If not I would follow the advice of Stephen to work with a "Filecopy" within the "Run ConfigSet" of SIMstarter NG.

Ok, I didn't know there was a configurable copy file function. Sounds like like that would do the job. Thnx !

Its not often I need to do it anyway as I only rarely use photoscenery.... so it was just a thought.

But, it is interesting, as many texture terrain issues are caused exactly by this problem. If you disable FTX scenery, manually, it can cause major issues as the terrain.cfg file has a massive amount of amendments made by OrbX, which can cause problems depending on your other scenery.

Archived