Landing and Taxi Lights Macros

rowcoach

Good evening. 

I’m trying to assign both the landing and taxi light to separate buttons on my joystick. 

I’m using FSUIPC, so I used LIST Var to see the list of commands. Scanning through the list, I could find any reference to either landing or taxi lights. 

Does anyone one know what they should be?

Cheers,

colin

If you can't find the right variables you can do it directly with FSUIPC offsets from Lua code. The following (abbreviated) is from Guenseli's original Twin Otter library for LINDA.

function Lights_LANDING_on ()
    ipc.setbitsUW("0D0C", 4)
end

function Lights_LANDING_off ()
    ipc.clearbitsUW("0D0C", 4)
end

function Lights_TAXI_on ()
    ipc.setbitsUW("0D0C", 8)
end

function Lights_TAXI_off ()
    ipc.clearbitsUW("0D0C", 8)
end

Mark,

That is perfect, thank you. Up until now I have been using List Var and making macro files. How do I use the above library? Can I just use FSUIPC, or do I need LINDA as well?

cheers,

colin

1 hour ago, rowcoach said:

Can I just use FSUIPC, or do I need LINDA as well?

To use the library you will need LINDA. But if you just want the above functions you could make four individual one-line Lua programs and bind those to buttons. For example, to turn the landing lights on, make a file called (say) LandingLightsOn.lua, with the following contents:

ipc.setbitsUW("0D0C", 4)

Then you should find 'Lua LandingLightsOn' in the FSUIPC actions list and you can assign it to a button. (This is from memory, so I may have missed some details...)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived