Error on starting profile with AS16

michael1508

Hi all,

I am trying to launch AS16 together with my profile, but below error message comes up, telling me:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to path "\\Office\c\Users\A320\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\AS16_FSX\AS16.cfg" denied

BUT within Simstarter all entries are made, and not shown orange. So I believe, he has access?! Simstarter shows the correct AS version, too.

And I can also manually access that drive for read/write.

What is missing here?

Thanks!

PS: forget about the image. Wrong upload! Can not find a  button to delete it!

• Deputy Sheriffs

When editing your post you will find all uploaded files below the text field along with a delete button.

Please login to display this image.

About your problem: are you running your SIMstarter as administrator?

Hi Tom,

ah- there it is! Just didn't came to my eyes - thanks!

My Windows LogIn is an admin account. I then start the programm by normal 'click'... is this different to "start as admin"???

• Developer

You need to have write access rights to that file from your remote computer. A lot of users did it already without any issue so I think there must be a access problem.

Please check if user exists on both computers, if write access on the network share has been given, e.g.

I do have access rights. Tested it with other files.

User names are different though. Is this essentiell to make it work?

In fact I should have setup the same names on all network Computers. Now I am afraid of reassembling all the configurations to a new user account. So would be great, if it worked without.

Archived