BUGS &CTD P3DV4 twotter

Eduard Gasull

i opened a ticket for support in the zendesk. Jon told me that my problem seems to be more a bug and told me that  i need to talk about this in the forums.

so lets go.

There are some audios that are not reproducing well. (Fuel pumps) and (TEST FIRE) and fire alarms. There are some kobs that when i press them the sound relation for this knob is no going whell also with C&D config the airplane seems to freeze simulation, and maybe cause a CTD with P3DV4. 

Also tune freq.s on the radios does not activate ATC default menu or ATIS .  My CTD this time comes when i manually select ATIS INFO on the defaul ATC message! 

Cheers

I beg for a revision of that plane please, at least fix the few bugs for stabilty. I beg you guys. Please. 

I look to the event viewer and this is what is shown:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.1.7.22841, time stamp: 0x59d67e95
Faulting module name: XAudio2_7.dll, version: 9.29.1962.0, time stamp: 0x4c0643cc
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x000000000002b72c
Faulting process id: 0x1c9c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d38fdcc79b9489
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\XAudio2_7.dll
Report Id: 17db6099-fbd7-11e7-b795-408d5c80931d

• Deputy Sheriffs

Eduard, it is always a good idea to search with Google for the faulting module. In case of XAudio2_7.dll it brings tons of posts regarding crashes with various apps, interesting to read for example:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/0/1473095331497985748/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/far-cry-3-crash-every-15-minutes-because/e0637a81-f3fc-41d3-adc2-6e3c6d81ee37?auth=1

5 hours ago, mopperle said:

Eduard,

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

. Been a pain in our butt for many years.

Thanks guys. the CTD was fault of no dirver update of my sound device.  But what about the fire bell sound and the fuel pump sound. of the twotter?

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, Eduard Gasull said:

Thanks guys. the CTD was fault of no dirver update of my sound device.  But what about the fire bell sound and the fuel pump sound. of the twotter?

No matter what at this moment this project is closed. As explained we are considering a new version at this moment.

6 hours ago, mopperle said:

I'm trying to check today evening when back home

Thanks Mopperle i did what i read on the links you found. I update my audio drivers, (but that didnt fix the CTD, then i use a soultion on th eother link move a dll file but that di not fix the problem) The CTD is only ocurrs when shutting down engines. and always that  xaudio2_7.dll has the fault. No even aircraft majestic, CRJ, o carenado give that error. Also i have even that error either with that plane on FSX when the fuel pumps sound is playing ok and fire bells to. 

I need little bit more of help, sorry if im nuisance but i love that aircraft, its flyiable but the only porblem if with that actione of turn off engines. 

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No matter what at this moment this project is closed. As explained we are considering a new version at this moment.

It wloud be amazing to have an update of this plane. With true glass, GTN fligth capable and that stuff it would have my money for the very first time.

cheers.

I ha ve try to move xaudio2_7.dll out from system32 folder. i have notice that P3DV4 was not affect for that file becuase default airplanes work well but when i try to load DHC6 it says sound intialization failed. then i move the fail and load the plane but the problem still there it seems that there is an error when DHC6 interact with that dll.  the CTD comes always after engines shut down and also there some stabilty isses when fuel pumps are on and engines are off. (engines on and fuel pumps on means no problems) 

hope this info helps to find the issue

@mopperle I FOUND THE SOLUTION.

After doing a deep search by google and in the forum, I found a  @Mathijs Kok  post in which an ASC.DLL file was shared. This file solved all the problems.

The main issue of all this is that the official version for P3DV4 that provides aerosoft in the update system for customers of boxed versions, includes a version of the file prior to the file that mathijs was sharing. the file ASC.DLL that includes version 1.21 is from May 29 while the file that shares mathijs is from June 7.

There is no easily accessible post where you are instructed to update the plane with this file.

I recommend publish this file in post in the hot fix section or update the installer with that file to avoid more problems like mine.

Thank you for your understanding and your help.

regards

Archived