Carenado EMB505 Phenom300 Fatal Error

topgearuk98

Greetings all!

I recently purchased the EMB505 from Carenado and unfortunately, every time I go to load the aircraft, I get a fatal error. 

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3
Faulting module name: panels.dll, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e180d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0004273d
Faulting process id: 0x26c4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d38e89f312dc55
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\panels.dll
Report Id: 01193752-fa7e-11e7-bd50-78e3b5ae7b19

I've never had a problem with panels.dll before, so this is a bit frustrating. I've already attempted to uninstall and reinstall the product, but so far nothing has worked. 

Any and all help is appreciated, thanks!

Just to update, I did contact Carenado, but have yet to receive a response from them. I fear they probably won't respond at all, in which case, I have no other option than to try for a refund. If they have no intention of trying to help me, I have no intention of wasting $40 on something that won't work. Love their products, but their support is terrible.

I would assume they are since I've never run into any issues like this in the past, and it only happens with this add-on. Every time I click on the aircraft in the FSX menu, I get a CTD and panels.dll is listed as the faulty module in the event viewer every single time. 

• Aerosoft

But still, if something works for all other users there must be something specifically different on your machines. And in our experience that is very often things like runtimes. As there is no more detailed error Carnado would also have, just as I proposed, no other issue then to suggest to make sure the OS, DirectX and all other files used are in order. 

Simply put, the issue can't be in the aircraft, it only shows WHEN you use the aircraft. The real issue is that some file on your system is called and it does not respond or does not respond correctly. 

Sorry, I#m to tired to write in English. Maybe someone can translate this and answer with more words.

Just 3 Stichworte:

1. zunächst Flug bitte mit Default-Maschine starten, danach erst die Phenom 300 auswählen

2. Hierbei mal ein kleines Standard-/Default Airfield auswählen, keinen großen Airport

3. Installation des FSX unter C:\Program Files (x86) ist nicht gut.

Das setze ich bei Aerosoft als bekannt voraus, deshalb habe ich auch keine Lust, mich mit Englisch abzumühen.

Nur so viel noch: wenn der Fehler also nach Meinung von Aerosoft nicht beim Produkt liegt (auch ich habe ja Probleme mit diesem Produkt), sondern einzig und allein am Computersystem des Kunden, dieser also nach Meinung von Aerosoft dieses Produkt gar nicht nutzen KANN, was spricht dann dagegen, das Produkt zurückzunehmen und topgearuk98 den Kaufpreis zurück zu erstatten?

Freundliche Grüße

John Kunde

Thanks for trying to assist me everyone, but I somehow got it to work... only just. Before every flight, I have to mess around with the FSX/Gauges folder and just move files around. After I do that, the plane works until I end the flight, then I get the panels.dll error again. I honestly don't know how this works, but it does. It's a bit tedious, but at least I'm now able to fly what I payed for. 

I will also try what John suggested to see if it makes any difference. 

Danke John!

• Aerosoft
8 hours ago, John Kunde said:

ur so viel noch: wenn der Fehler also nach Meinung von Aerosoft nicht beim Produkt liegt (auch ich habe ja Probleme mit diesem Produkt), sondern einzig und allein am Computersystem des Kunden, dieser also nach Meinung von Aerosoft dieses Produkt gar nicht nutzen KANN, was spricht dann dagegen, das Produkt zurückzunehmen und topgearuk98 den Kaufpreis zurück zu erstatten?

Mainly because we will never have the option to check if the user is telling the truth. We have great trust  in our customers but the moment we allow refunds based on the customer telling us it does not work we'll lose a lot of contracts. 

And of course, the product bought is not faulty, if it works with thousands of customers  and not with a certain user, the cause of the problem is out of our control. 

I hope that somebody from Aerosoft can explain you my 3 points.

Especially point 3 - and how to change this in a comfortable way.

(Point 2 is still a big problem for me as well)

@ M.K.: Yeah, every Aerosoft customer is a bad guy. I got the idea now!  (Caution! Could be ment ironically ;-) )

• Aerosoft

As we have no in depth knowledge on this product (we are just one of the many resellers) we simply would have no idea. I did install it here and was unable to see the issue and we do not have anything in our database that looks the same. I would believe Carenado is a much better support option for this.

Moving an installed sim is a very very bad idea, you should never do that. Either live with the limitations or re-install. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
15 minutes ago, John Kunde said:

I hope that somebody from Aerosoft can explain you my 3 points.

All 3 items are just common good practice in FSX and P3D. Are you asking for an explanation why they are good practice? Otherwise I don't understand your question.

@Tom A320 - to give a polite answer to your genious question:

Vor 1 Stunde, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Moving an installed sim is a very very bad idea, you should never do that. Either live with the limitations or re-install. 

Just tell him why and explain your customer the backgrounds. I suppose, he didn't knew. 

And surely, it's not for me, it's for him.

• Deputy Sheriffs

John,

what tells you that your 3 suggestions will fix the problem of the topic opener? It can still be any other kind of corruption in the FSX or Carenado installation. 

Instead of taking over this topic and trying to urge others to explain suggestions you give in more detail, why not wait for the topic opener to come back if he gave your suggestions a try?

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, John Kunde said:

@Tom A320 - to give a polite answer to your genious question:

Just tell him why and explain your customer the backgrounds. I suppose, he didn't knew. 

And surely, it's not for me, it's for him.

That is a very long and very complex story about registry keys, how add-ons by different companies are installed and how each installer has another way of finding the correct location of the simulator. It also involves security of Windows Protected Folders and why Microsoft makes it hard for software to edit files in certain locations. You really feel that is suitable as a reply to: "I recently purchased the EMB505 from Carenado and unfortunately, every time I go to load the aircraft, I get a fatal error."?

You were the one that started that discussion, so I think it would be better if you would explain why t at is not the best location for the sim to be installed because then I can say moving it is hard and complex (and dangerous) for all these reasons.  We have gone far off topic here and topgearup98 is not really helped by all this off topic information. 

I have hidden you last post as I find it offensive to all parties. And yes I have voted that post down, and also the second time you posted it.  I did so because they were off topic, insulting and do not assist the customers in any way. Please remain polite in our forums. These are NOT public forums, these are our company forums and we decide that is acceptable here and what is not.

As Tom suggested, let's wait for the customer to comment and see if there is anything more we can do for him. If you want to discuss other non-related issues please create a new topic.

Can we please keep this civil so we don't end up with a locked thread? It'd be nice if people could still contribute if we ever do find a solution, just in case some people are experiencing the same issue.

While I can get the plane to work now (as stated in my last post), I'm just curious to know HOW my half-solution makes the plane work. I don't understand how moving just ANY file in the gauges folder would make the airplane load and function properly. Any ideas?

Also, I would like to continue working on this just so I (or any others) don't have to screw around with FSX files before each flight.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I would like to pick up Mathijs' suggestion again. As your problem is not related to any specific Carenado file it must be somewhere in your environment. 

As I am not familiar with the Carenado products in detail I can't tell, which of the following packages they need. Best to install all available packages (all versions and platforms, i.e. 2008-2017, 32bit and 64bit). 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

If you have some of those packages already installed please perform an update. It is always possible that an installer of another software installs an old version of such a package still containing bugs which are long fixed in the latest version you might had already installed before.

Or more simple, a version you have installed on your system might got updated by Microsoft in the meantime. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

When you google for this error, there are tons of reports with this error, all with different aircraft e.g.:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/500218-panelsdll-ctd-help/

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=57112

https://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=52685

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/396607-fsx-panelsdll-ctd/

Unfortunately there is no single solution, it could be another addon causing the problem or missing/wrong files as Tom mentioned. Interesting for me is to see that this error occures mostly in case you have only installed FSX + SP2 (like you) and not FSX + AccelerationPack

18 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

I would like to pick up Mathijs' suggestion again. As your problem is not related to any specific Carenado file it must be somewhere in your environment. 

As I am not familiar with the Carenado products in detail I can't tell, which of the following packages they need. Best to install all available packages (all versions and platforms, i.e. 2008-2017, 32bit and 64bit). 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

If you have some of those packages already installed please perform an update. It is always possible that an installer of another software installs an old version of such a package still containing bugs which are long fixed in the latest version you might had already installed before.

Or more simple, a version you have installed on your system might got updated by Microsoft in the meantime. 

I'll try this, but I'm pretty sure everything is updated already :/

17 hours ago, mopperle said:

When you google for this error, there are tons of reports with this error, all with different aircraft e.g.:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/500218-panelsdll-ctd-help/

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=57112

https://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=52685

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/396607-fsx-panelsdll-ctd/

Unfortunately there is no single solution, it could be another addon causing the problem or missing/wrong files as Tom mentioned. Interesting for me is to see that this error occures mostly in case you have only installed FSX + SP2 (like you) and not FSX + AccelerationPack

I've tried a lot of those solutions as well, and so far nothing has really worked. It would appear there are numerous causes for this error, which makes it all the more confusing. 

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I appreciate it!

Archived