Anchorage glitches

evaamo

Hello folks @Aerosoft

I have found the following issues after installing version 1.02 of Anchorage Professional, along Orbx South Alaska (with the SAK option turned on in the PANCConfig.exe.

If I remove Anchorage Pro from the P3Dv4 entries (again, using PANCConfig.exe), the issues disappear.

Are you able to reproduce this problem?

thank you!

-E

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Do you have Anchorage Pro above your Orbx entries? My scenery looks as expected, so it's not duplicated for me.

Hi Herman. Thanks for your reply. Anchorage Pro is indeed above Orbx entries.

Are there BGL any files which I should manually remove or set to " off " ?

thank you!

-E

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 hours ago, evaamo said:

Hi Herman. Thanks for your reply. Anchorage Pro is indeed above Orbx entries.

Are there BGL any files which I should manually remove or set to " off " ?

thank you!

-E

From a working and correct installation of Orbx Southeast Alaska, I simply installed the scenery by the Aerosoft installer, selected a different install location ([P3Dv4 root folder]\Ecosystem) and selected the SAK installed option as I see you did. I didn't need to turn off any Orbx or other files to get a correct looking airport and vicinity.

I'm not seeing any obvious issues with your install method, since what should have been the key one (checking the SAK option) you noted you did. Please check the following and reply with what your settings are:

• Confirm Sim and OS
  • Are you using any third party mesh?
  • Have you checked to insure there are no conflicting AFCADs, as for example from copying over the older Aerosoft/SimWings Anchorage while waiting for the new one?
  • Is your "Mesh resolution" set to 5m and your "Texture resolution" at 7cm?

Hello Herman, thank you for your help.

OS is Win10

Third party Mesh is FreeMeshX 2.0 - however... I tried deactivating it and there's no difference. So FreeMeshX is not involved.

No other AFCADs present (that I can tell).

Mesh is 5m, Texture is 7m.

For what is worth, deactivating Anchorage Pro cures the issues. But, needless to say, that's not what I want ;-)

Thanks again
cheers

-E

Just a quick follow-up: a fellow Orbx SAK user has found the same glitches in his install, so that added together to Bob's confirmation message above means I'm definitely not alone :D

cheers

-E

• Deputy Sheriffs

This may turn out to be one of those difficult to diagnose and fix issues where a small minority have an issue the majority don't. That doesn't mean it isn't real for that minority, rather, it will likely take some time for SimWings to come to the rescue. I'll leave this thread open so that others that may have the same issue will have one place to track for a resolution instead of starting individual threads with the same concern.

Just to make the small minority a little less small: same problem here  ;-)

Win10, P3DV4, no other mesh or afcad (which shouldn't affect the downtown area anyway), Orbx SAK.

Adding to the minority, I can confirm at least pictures 1 and 2 with FTX SAK installed. I didn't do any file renamings or stuff and don't use any 3rd party mesh nor FTX Vector when flying within SAK. My settings are always 5m/7cm.

Kind regards, Michael 

• Developer

We can reproduce the issues, different Mesh situations related to SAK on/off, FSGlobal Mesh on/off ...

We try to find a solution to handle all different scenarios.

Archived