Some issues

I decided to give it another try to the CRJ, I updated it to 1.0.3...

I do not know but it seems to me that during taxi it is really speeding over 30kts, with the engines at IDLE (both, the 700 and 900), I need to brake a lot.

In one of the flights, it could not climb, not with AP, not in manual mode, engines were above 87% percent, CLB mode for the throttle, flaps 8... it ended on the ground. I could do nothing about it.

Last flight tonight, during the approach to LOWG, XIBAR2S transition a pop-up window appeared saying invalid heading hold event, could not fly it anymore, not even in HDG mode...I closed the sim as pop up was always on.

Sorry to say but I am quite disappointed by all these flaws...after all this time.

Please login to display this image.

All but one of the issues you cited sound like an install issue, in fact I'm all but sure of it.

I would uninstall and reinstall using the below procedure:

1, Re-download the latest update.

2. Uninstall.

3. Manually remove any remaining folders from the EcoSystem and SimObjecs\Airplanes folder.

4. Reboot

5. Set the Use Account Control Slider to the bottom

6. Disable your computer security software

7. Run the installer "As Admin".

8. Start FSX/P3D, and load into a default aircraft.

9. Close P3D.

10. You don't have to reboot at this point, but it wouldn't hurt.

11. Start P3D

12. Launch into a default aircraft at the airport you are planning to depart from.

13. Switch (load) the CRJ.

That should resolve most or all of the issues you had.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes.

6 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

All but one of the issues you cited sound like an install issue, in fact I'm all but sure of it.

I would uninstall and reinstall using the below procedure:

1, Re-download the latest update.

2. Uninstall.

3. Manually remove any remaining folders from the EcoSystem and SimObjecs\Airplanes folder.

4. Reboot

5. Set the Use Account Control Slider to the bottom

6. Disable your computer security software

7. Run the installer "As Admin".

8. Start FSX/P3D, and load into a default aircraft.

9. Close P3D.

10. You don't have to reboot at this point, but it wouldn't hurt.

11. Start P3D

12. Launch into a default aircraft at the airport you are planning to depart from.

13. Switch (load) the CRJ.

That should resolve most or all of the issues you had.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes.

Highly unlikely it's install related, as there are multiple posts of some of the OP's issues...specifically the heading hold pop-up. I have experienced it, and can reliably repeat it when flying the included KLAX-KMRY tutorial. One would have thought beta testing would have included flying the very tutorial that comes with the product. Unfortunately, the reason I had to switch to heading mode was because of an inexplicable departure from the flight plan by the autopilot in nav mode...while flying the tutorial. It's almost comical how bad the guidance systems are on this aircraft.

As for the taxi speed, I don't know that I've seen it accelerate to 30 kts at idle, but I have noticed many instances of acceleration in idle, but I usually apply brakes to slow it down...never just let it go to see how fast it would go.

1 minute ago, somiller said:

As for the taxi speed

That's the one issue I didn't think might have been due to an install issue.  The CRJ ground friction is something that Hans is still trying to get right. For me, it just continues to buiid up speed during the taxi.

You didn't say, and I didn't ask... what sim are you using?

Best wishes!

Will give it a try and reinstall it again exactly as you mentioned Dave and then I will perform the same flight.

I am using P3D v4.1 (Win 10 Pro)

Regarding taxi, with throttle at IDLE I saw that engines are at 35%, is that normal?

I had a similar situation when taxing ,started taxing and all of a sudden the plane came to a complete stop i had to apply power above 35% to get going

again.

Just noted that engines goes during taxi from 30% to 35% due to wing anti-ice, and from 20% to 30% due to engine anti-ice.

edit> did exactly the steps indicated above, the issue with the pop up occurred again at waypoint WG832 in NAV, the control was lost, CRJ was going to the ground.. end of flight...

Will fly this plane again when this critical issue will be solved (perhaps there are also other but this ends my flight unfortunately). Any idea when the patch for this will come?

1 hour ago, vali said:

Just noted that engines goes during taxi from 30% to 35% due to wing anti-ice, and from 20% to 30% due to engine anti-ice.

edit> did exactly the steps indicated above, the issue with the pop up occurred again at waypoint WG832 in NAV, the control was lost, CRJ was going to the ground.. end of flight...

Will fly this plane again when this critical issue will be solved (perhaps there are also other but this ends my flight unfortunately). Any idea when the patch for this will come?

Okay, thanks for trying that.

Which sim are you using?

I am using the P3D v4.1 , version 4.1.7.22841.

System is: i9-7900X @4.5GHz (core 0 @4.8GHz), EVGA GTX 1080 TI FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD for P3D v4.1

On 1/13/2018 at 10:39 AM, vali said:

I am using the P3D v4.1 , version 4.1.7.22841.

System is: i9-7900X @4.5GHz (core 0 @4.8GHz), EVGA GTX 1080 TI FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD for P3D v4.1

vali,

NASA callled, they want you to return their super-computer...ha ha.

NICE rig, I bet it runs P3Dv4.1 really well!

Just a suggestion for you:

Several years ago my desktop unit was running a 4 disk RAID 0+1 array for system disk, and when the RAID controller went south it corrupted the entire array and I lost everything, with no current backup. I was running what I thought was a bullet-proof RAID config, that would allow loss of up to two disks simultaneously, and could still be rebuilt. Unfortunately, no RAID config is bullet-proof if it can be corrupted by a faulty RAID controller - LESSON LEARNED!

Make those images of your system array.

Regards,

2 hours ago, somiller said:

vali,

NASA callled, they want you to return their super-computer...ha ha.

NICE rig, I bet it runs P3Dv4.1 really well!

Just a suggestion for you:

Several years ago my desktop unit was running a 4 disk RAID 0+1 array for system disk, and when the RAID controller went south it corrupted the entire array and I lost everything, with no current backup. I was running what I thought was a bullet-proof RAID config, that would allow loss of up to two disks simultaneously, and could still be rebuilt. Unfortunately, no RAID config is bullet-proof if it can be corrupted by a faulty RAID controller - LESSON LEARNED!

Make those images of your system array.

Regards,

Well, nothing can run great the P3D v4 with DL at 4K and with addons :D And I can not OC too much with my X62 AIO. But usually I have at least above 20 fps, stable at 30 fps most of the times, at pretty high settings.

You are right about the RAID but I will switch at some point to NVMe SSD also for Windows, no more RAID.

@GEK_the_Reaper, so it is normal, thanks. Yes, with Engine anti ice and Wing anti ice is going to fast on the ground.

One additional issue, I used this fplan from Simbrief, tried to programm it in MCDU:

EDDM KIRD2E KIRDI DCT MEDEL DCT STEIN DCT TEGRI L605 GESBA/N0410F270 Y574 VASIS T898 IBINU IBIN2S LRSB

The ND shown MEDEL way up, the MCDU did not recognize STEIN or TEGRI in the legs page but in FPLN yes, but in the end did not calculate the altitudes after I removed MEDEL and I had to use again HDG mode for the flight.

No more TOD displayed and at DIR INTC all altitudes were 0.

Archived