Cruise Throttle problem

Hello, I was flying from KSFO to KSAN in the A320. When i reached cruise, the throttle kept increasing and decreasing all the time and it is VERY annoying. The speed (kts) was staying where it should be but the throttle was going up and down. (not the actual throttle, but the one you can see on the ECIAS or something. The levers were still on climb thrust) Does anyone know why this happens or how to overcome it? Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Are you sure that you are not in TOGA LK  mode or Alpha Floor how the professionals are calling it. Check your FMA top left corner.

This mode is switched on automatically in certain conditions and creates lots of inconveniences, if not deactivated on time. I was facing it several times when started using A320 and there were cases when the plane wanted to go in the stratosphere and even higher :)  All was sorted thanks to Emi and famous Step-by-step of course.

Cheers!

Archived