Anchorage Professional Install Location

Mejjo

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if this can be installed outside the main P3D folder? It seems to set the default install location on the C drive. With previous products i think it automatically set the sim root folder with the installer. I don't know if this is something new that aerosoft has done or if i'm just thinking its new. 

If i can install this on another drive vs my main P3D folder that will be great as it will save up some space.

Thank you! 

• Developer

The recommanded installation of Addons for LM's P3D V4 is not to install the addon code inside the P3D V4 folders and not to use the "old" scenery.cfg to register the addons.

Based on the SDK of P3D V4 the addons should install outside and register via calling the Prepar3D.exe with commandline parameters, so that the p3D.exe will register it in there own cfg files.

This new system is used by Anchorage Professional and the installer will offer you a windows system path (Programfiles), but you are free to select any other path or disk to place your addons. The installer did not know, what disks and path you prefer for your addons, so your input is requested here. 

I have a SSD for Windows as systemdrive C: and a fast big normal hardisk as drive D:

My P3D is installed ad D:\P3Dv4 and all Addons goes to D:\P3D V4-Addons, in case of Aerosoft to D:\P3D V4-Addons\Aerosoft

When you select your path, the installer will save it and future Installers of products use the same technique will offer your this path again.

Hello,

ok ! But why if "program files" should be right, the installer prefers "program files (X86)" a survivor of XP ? Strange, isn't?

I've now installed version 1.02. Why still two "setup" in the directory?

The charts: are they the right or still the wrong ones in version 1.02?

Should they be replaced with the proposed separate download?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Daniel

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Felidae said:

The charts: are they the right or still the wrong ones in version 1.02?

There were no "wrong ones", they simply missed. The separate download was simply an interims fix.

But why if "program files" should be right, the installer prefers "program files (X86)" a survivor of XP ? Strange, isn't?

No, not at all. "program files (x86)" is simply a folder common for ALL systems and the installer offers this one for users not knowing what/how to choose.

Why still two "setup" in the directory?

Can you this explain indetail, maybe with a screenshot :rolleyes:

Hallo,

Hi Mopperle ,

Please login to display this image.

it's what I get after simply unzipping.

Ok, the scenery is working, but it's not very clear compared with what Aerosoft normally offers.

Daniel

Archived