Anchorage stops P3D

jankees

• Developer

Did you use a default aircraft or any addon product for your flights you try to start?

I have start P3DV4 multi hundred times with saved scenarios and never had a isuue like yours, as long as i don't save the scenario with the PMDG Aircraft, then it happens, that the sim don't start.

On 1/12/2018 at 8:02 AM, jankees said:

Everytime I try to load a flight starting in Anchorage, P3D just stops.

I did install it on a different disk from P3D itself, could this be the problem?

Do you have a lot of addon.xml's? A bug in P3D causes a crash at loading if you have a lot of entries, possibly 34. It's in the LM P3D support forum

You can add the scenery to the scenery.cfg instead and copy over the effects to your p3d effects folder until an update for P3D comes out to fix it.

• Developer
3 hours ago, gear up and off said:

Do you have a lot of addon.xml's? A bug in P3D causes a crash at loading if you have a lot of entries, possibly 34. It's in the LM P3D support forum

You can add the scenery to the scenery.cfg instead and copy over the effects to your p3d effects folder until an update for P3D comes out to fix it.

This issue was 4.0, with 4.1 it should not anymore happens, but possible that the user here as 4.0.x installed.

9 hours ago, OPabst said:

This issue was 4.0, with 4.1 it should not anymore happens, but possible that the user here as 4.0.x installed.

It crashes for me in 4.1 too if more than 34 addon.xml's

On 17.1.2018 at 03:36, gear up and off sagte:

It crashes for me in 4.1 too if more than 34 addon.xml's

This is why I am reluctant installing sceneries using the addon.xml method. Why the basic idea behind is really good (having scenery, effects, sounds etc. outside of the main sim), the current limitation is a no go. I just hope that LM brings out a fix, otherwise we run in trouble if more and more developers use the addon.xml method for their sceneries. The number of 34 addon.xml is reached quickly.

• Developer

The issue in 4.0 (maybe still in 4.1) was, that some developers don't understand the Category "Texture" correct and have a two Component Tags in there add-on.xml (local or under Documents):

<AddOn.Component>
    <Name>Name xyz Scenery</Name>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>.\Scenery</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
    <Name>Name xyz Texture</Name>
    <Category>Texture</Category>
    <Path>.\Texture</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>

When this was found in one of the addons, the crash of P3D happens after a some addons existing.

When the add-on.xml was corrected to

<AddOn.Component>
    <Name>Name xyz Scenery</Name>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>.</Path>   
  </AddOn.Component>

where the Path of the Scenery Category points to the Main Folder of the addon (where Scenery and Texture is below), then the issue was gone.

The Texture Folder beside Scenery of an Addon is included automatically in the Category Scenery and don't need to be registered seperate. If this is done, P3D seams to get in trouble, because the same folder is multi times activated.

When you have the problem with crashes, check all add-on.xml files, if there is a seperate Texture Componente included.

Anchorage Professional has not used the Comonent Texture. So Anchorage don't Stop your P3D, it is only the n+1 addon you have installed with this problem in any other addon you have installed before.

Archived