Getting stranded on Lake Hood

RALF9636

Because the other topic was closed despite the issue not being solved completely I have to open a new one:

Around the western end of the island that separates the taxi lane from the takeoff / landing lane there are some spots where the floatplane gets stranded as if there was ground, not water.

Also there are two yellow-black taxiway markings on the lake there, which probably is connected.

vor 42 Minuten, OPabst sagte:

The problem is, that i have no waterplane in V4, or has V4 one in his default vehicles?

No, I don't think there is.

I have the Aerosoft Twin Otter and the Milviz Beaver.

Maybe Aerosoft gives you a free Twotter for testing Lake Hood? ;-)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Oliver, I have the Twin Otter for v4 installed as well as the new Anchorage Pro. I'll check this out this evening (by 0230 UCT Friday).

vor 17 Minuten, rgerdes sagte:

If you turn off PALH_AFX-OP01.BGL  and go with I assume in my case the SAK afd there are no hang ups - I taxied all around the Island with no problem

Confirmed!

Also the taxiway markings between the island and the Rust's Terminal are gone when this file is deactivated.

• Developer

Thanks for the feedback, but this is not the solution for it. When the afcad is missing/deactivated, no ai traffic is possible there and FS based atc fails too.

But it opens maybe other ways for a fix. Give us time to check that.

2 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Maybe Aerosoft gives you a free Twotter for testing Lake Hood? ;-)

Yes, will have it tomorow ;)

Is Lake Hood ready for ai seaplane traffic? Or better I ask, has the afcad of the seaplane base been re-designed so that I can see water landings water takeoffs and more important, do ai planes find a correct way to water gates?

Harry

• Deputy Sheriffs
18 hours ago, Herman said:

Oliver, I have the Twin Otter for v4 installed as well as the new Anchorage Pro. I'll check this out this evening (by 0230 UCT Friday).

Sorry all :(. I missed my chance to test this last night and will do it tonight. Also, I have Ultimate Traffic Live installed, so will look to see what traffic the lake and land strip generate and how things behave.

• Developer

Thanks Herman,

maybe you make first a round with the original Afcad, then please test this one attached. I hope that fix all, I did not see any issues.

Make a Backup of the PALH_AFX-OP01.BGL in the Anchorage Professional \Scenery Folder, then unzip the attachted File into that folder to replace the Lake Hood Afcad.

Lake Hood Test Afcad.zip

I don't think that UT Live as seeplanes included. I never see one there. The strip gets his GA traffic.

Hi Oliver,

That new AFCAD works great.

No another note, any chance you could plant some brush on the Island - would make it easier to see when your taxiing around it. ;)

Thanks,

Bob

• Deputy Sheriffs

I'll check them both, Oliver, so as to validate that the fix resolves the problem in the original file.

As you noted, I'll be surprised if there's any float traffic but you never know until you try. Since it's PALH is the world's busiest seaplane base, it should be pretty easy to tell if there's sea and land traffic or only land traffic.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Oliver, when I used the stock file AFCAD while in the Aerosoft Twin Otter, even full reverse wouldn't pull me off whatever the barriers were.  No way could I get around the long island no matter which runway end I used. After replacing it with your AFCAD, I was able to taxi completely around the lake and island without any issues. It's got my thumbs-up.

I plan some more testing to see if the amphib version works correctly on the seaplane ramps on the west end of the lake. I used them a lot with the older FSX version of Aerosoft PANC during the beta on the Twin Otter. We'd get a lot of jumping going up that ramp until Finn got the contact points worked out so I want to see if the new scenery works as well as the old one in that spot.

Thanks for the new afcad!

I don't see seaplane traffic with UTL, there is traffic at the strip though.

How about adding it's own seaplane traffic to Anchorage Pro? That would be awesome.

1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

Thanks for the new afcad!

I don't see seaplane traffic with UTL, there is traffic at the strip though.

How about adding it's own seaplane traffic to Anchorage Pro? That would be awesome.

AFAIK, UTL does not contain any seaplane traffic. You need some sp ai models, like they are provided by FSADDON (Tongass Fjords or Vancouver) then you have to create your own traffic.bgl files with appropriate tools. I suggest AIFP (freeware).

Edit: Problem with PALH is, that if it is not well designed for ai (as in legacy version), you have to re-design this too. I am really hoping that sim-wing has done this  with the new version. But I have not yet tested.

Harry

vor 3 Stunden , HJMX sagte:

AFAIK, UTL does not contain any seaplane traffic. You need some sp ai models, like they are provided by FSADDON (Tongass Fjords or Vancouver) then you have to create your own traffic.bgl files with appropriate tools. I suggest AIFP (freeware).

Edit: Problem with PALH is, that if it is not well designed for ai (as in legacy version), you have to re-design this too. I am really hoping that sim-wing has done this  with the new version. But I have not yet tested.

Harry

Yes, but be aware that you have to update some of the FSAddon models to have them work in P3DV4. If I rememer correctly the updates are available on the RTMM page.

I just thought it would be a nice addition to Anchorage Pro if the traffic would be included.

5 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Yes, but be aware that you have to update some of the FSAddon models to have them work in P3DV4. If I remember correctly the updates are available on the RTMM page.

I just thought it would be a nice addition to Anchorage Pro if the traffic would be included.

I have already updated. And you are absolutely right, after all, PALH is the world largest seaplane base. Would be really nice to see some traffic there.

Harry

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thee seaplane ramp works fine with the newest Aerosoft Twin Otter.  As an experiment, I started in Lake Hood with the amphib Twotter, taxied up the ramp on the west side of the lake, crossed two streets while on the taxiway (IRL, there's signs warning car traffic to give way to aircraft) entered the air carrier side by following the "Lake Hood taxiway" (see the 30-2 airport chard provided by NavData Pro), departed runway 15, entered left downwind for the seaplane runway at Lake Hood, triple checked gear "UP" before landing, then taxied back to my start point. Two airports for the price of one pattern. Fun!

Here's an example of the signs from when I was there a few years ago.

Please login to display this image.

Archived