Anchorage Elevation Issues

msanem

I upgraded and installed PANC Professional.  When I load the airport,  the plane and all the airport vehicles are about 15 feet above the runways and tarmac.  Whether I check Southern Alaska scenery or not in the configuration settings, it is the same.  (I do have Southern Alaska)  I have FTX Global installed and ran the airport tool.  Still, all the vehicles are 10-15 feet above the airport.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Hello;

Go to this link on the ORBX site,it tells you how to correct the issues,it works for FSX,and Prepar 3D V3,not sure about the Professional version.

Mark

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/56575-aerosofts-panc-ted-stevens-international-airport-by-sim-wings-compatibility-with-ftx-southern-alaska-sak/

Thank you for the lead. The professional file set up is quite different than the previous versions.  It looks like there are 2 sets of terrain BGL's in the scenery file.  One set for ORBX, one set for users without that product.  The configuration tool switches which set is in use.  With either set I get the same floating vehicles. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Might be something with your install. I too have Orbx SAK and just installed Anchorage Pro with antivirus off and as Administrator. Simply ran the Airport Elevation Corrections tool in FTX Central and did not need to disable any Orbx files after selecting "FTX Southern Alaska (SAK) is used" in the Aerosoft/SimWings PANCConfig tool. As you can see from my screenshots at the airline gates and at the GA side, everything looks fine.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

I noticed during the install that the default installation directory was in the dreaded "Program Files (x86)" folder, so I changed it to "P3D\Ecosystem\Aerosoft". It seems to me unlikely that by installing (if you did) into the default folder that UAC is messing up you or the FTX Central tool, but it might be worth reinstalling somewhere else and letting the FTX Central tool rework its magic.

• Deputy Sheriffs
31 minutes ago, msanem said:

Last update:  I disabled ALL my orbx, SAK, STX Global vector.  Same problem.  The box trucks driving around in the air are pretty entertaining.

Did you also check for duplicate AFCADS or other files by searching for *PANC* ?

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 minute ago, msanem said:

That sounds like it could be it.  But when I searched in the search window it only came up with the PANC bgl files in the anchorage folder 

So that probably eliminates the duplicate AFCAD possibility. Thanks for the reply. Please let us know if installing outside "Program Files (x86)" solves the problem.

Thanks a lot for your help and ideas.  I uninstalled and re-installed to the ecosystem folder as you suggested.  Ran the elevation config tool.  Still had the same problem.  Then I uninstalled SAK and FTX vector AND PANC professional.  I reinstalled PANC professional and ran it without installing the other two.  I still have the same problem.

Very strange. I appreciate your help.

• Developer

Please check, if in the folder <P3DV4>\Scenery\World\Scenery is any File related to PANC (the AFX_PALH_ALT.BGL is from Anchorage Prof. and ok there)

Archived