Help with re-installing FSX:SE (to it's default state).

TheRookie

Hello,

I've had FSX:SE ever since the game was released. I bought it as a boxed CD and didn't download it from STEAM. Over the years I have acquired many freeware addons like aircrafts and scenery. However whilst I haven't had any issues with these it has become too cluttered and I wish to go back to FSX:SE as it was as a default game. I've tried a simple un-install and re-install but I still have all my freeware content. Is there any way to un-install the game and re-install it so that I can have the default FSX:SE?

My sincere apologies if I've posted in the wrong forum. I've posted to other forums and have either had no reply or the post hasn't been approved. Had no answer from the respective developers on facebook.

The reason as to why I want to go back to the default game is because I'd like to now move into payware addons, I am looking at getting the following:-

• FSDG Bangalore LITE
  • Aerosoft A320
  • FlyTampa Dubai
  • Orbx FTX Global

So I'd really appreciate it if anyone can help me with re-installing FSX:SE to it's default state.

Regards,
TheRookie.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, no idea what kind of software you have, but FSX:SE (the Steam version of FSX) was never available as boxed version, maybe somebody sold a box with a licenses in itm, but it was never available on DVD.

So you should better ask the question over at Steam.

YOu do a fresh install simply by uninstalling everything with the uninstallers of the various prodcuts you have, after that delete any remaining folders/files, and then do a fres install.

• Aerosoft

if you installed the steam version of the sim you should use the steam interface to delete it first and then install it again. After the deletion do remove all the remaining folders  If you right click on the program you can see where they are stored. it IS however all pretty confusing in Steam when you start to add add-ons.

12 hours ago, mopperle said:

Sorry, no idea what kind of software you have, but FSX:SE (the Steam version of FSX) was never available as boxed version, maybe somebody sold a box with a licenses in itm, but it was never available on DVD.

So you should better ask the question over at Steam.

YOu do a fresh install simply by uninstalling everything with the uninstallers of the various prodcuts you have, after that delete any remaining folders/files, and then do a fres install.

I beg to differ, it is widely available in DVD format.

https://www.flipkart.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-x-steam-edition/p/itme6vzfuf2fzegn?pid=GAME6VZF5YXHEGC4&srno=s_1_1&otracker=search&lid=LSTGAME6VZF5YXHEGC4OJJ54D&fm=SEARCH&iid=9d3bae48-47a4-472a-a41a-935c3fd32302.GAME6VZF5YXHEGC4.SEARCH&ppt=Search Page&ppn=Search Page&ssid=7mqyu42h680000001515641895845&qH=7397528c88c6a2b4

Also available via many online retailers like Amazon etc. 
https://www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_8/260-4895849-3497765?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=flight+simulator&sprefix=flight+s%2Caps%2C477&crid=2MHF9OX53ABOC

Please see

We’re excited to announce that Saitek has partnered up with Dovetail Games to distribute at retail a boxed version of the immensely popular Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition game.

http://www.saitek.com/uk/blog/index.php/microsoft-flight-simulator-x-steam-edition-retail-version

Also...
https://www.flightstore.co.uk/aviation-gifts-c221/flight-simulation-c1326/flight-sim-software-c499/flight-simulators-c526/microsoft-flight-simulator-x-steam-cd-edition-p6970

This is a DVD Rom version of the Microsoft Flight Simulator Steam FSX. Meaning you don’t have to download FSX from the Steam Network over  broadband. However please note the software will require a one off activation from Steam which will be performed automatically on install as it prompts you to type in the serial key, this will require an internet connection.

10 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

if you installed the steam version of the sim you should use the steam interface to delete it first and then install it again. After the deletion do remove all the remaining folders  If you right click on the program you can see where they are stored. it IS however all pretty confusing in Steam when you start to add add-ons.

Thank you... I'll also ask on the Steam Forums

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived