Sasa

Helgoland for Aerofly FS2

Any word on the release date of Helgoland Professional for FSX? Really looking forward to it.

Very nice little place. Hopefully Aerosoft will complement the region with lots more airports, for AFS2 of course, the future of flightsims.

Wallet ready here!.

Cheers, Ed

1 hour ago, tlvid said:

Any word on the release date of Helgoland Professional for FSX? Really looking forward to it.

Helgoland Professional won't be released for FSX! As far as I know, the professional editions are only for Prepar3D V4.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Helgoland Professional won't be released for FSX! As far as I know, the professional editions are only for Prepar3D V4.

That's a shame, considering I paid for it in anticipation of an FSX version as the developer stated before release it would be compatible. Time for a refund in that case.

Sad to see Aerosoft neglecting FSX more and more.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Vor 1 Stunde, tlvid sagte:

No, it is definetly not. FSX limits new addons so hard, it's just by far the best option to drop this dead simulator finally for all products. People can use FSX if they want, but if you'd like to enjoy new products, move on to the new generation of software.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

P3D is, at best, half a generation ahead of FSX which is still a great sim. In any case, a large majority of simmers still use FSX as their primary sim so considering how easy it is to make products compatible for both P3D and FSX it's a real shame they're excluding so many people.

2 hours ago, tlvid said:

That's a shame, considering I paid for it in anticipation of an FSX version as the developer stated before release it would be compatible. Time for a refund in that case.

You think the FSX we now sell is not good?  You do know we sell one right? https://www.aerosoft.com/en/fsxp3d/flight-simulator-x-steam/sceneries/1640/helgoland-x?number=AS10426

And exactly where did we promise a completely new FSX version?

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

You think the FSX we now sell is not good?  You do know we sell one right? https://www.aerosoft.com/en/fsxp3d/flight-simulator-x-steam/sceneries/1640/helgoland-x?number=AS10426

And exactly where did we promise a completely new FSX version?

I've used the original version for years and I love it, but being able to have an updated version would have been nice too.

This is the post where it was stated it would be compatible with FSX. I didn't say anywhere FSX users were 'promised' a new one but the developer stating less than a month before the P3D version was released that it would be available for FSX (especially considering the Aerofly FS2 version is coming which leaves only FSX out of that list) is pretty close I'd say.

Out of curiosity, what was the reasoning behind not releasing for FSX especially after the announcement (and then not amending the post when the decision was made)?

Okay, I did not remember that and will ask the developer when a new FSX version will be delivered.  Please keep in mind that doing FSX products is very hard at this moment because they simply do not sell very well and they always cause way more support because users find it hard to accept that in 32 bits you got to compromise.

• Upvote 2

There was quite some time invested in the Beta process to check the updated fsx version (with some limitations going back to the old fsx engine) so it will be only a matter of (hopefully short) time until you can explore it in FSX.

Cheers

Thorsten

• Upvote 2

Thanks Mathijs. That's understandable, time moves on for everything and one day I'll have to upgrade too!

Thanks Thorsten, really looking forward to it. The photos look fantastic.

Yes, there will be a FSX version!

Give the guys at Aerosoft HQ a few days. They are currently working on the installers for the new FSX version.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sasa said:

Yes, there will be a FSX version!

Give the guys at Aerosoft HQ a few days. They are currently working on the installers for the new FSX version.

Great news! Thanks Sasa. I know it's early days but will there be an FSX version of the updated Lukla? As my favourite scenery of all time it would be fantastic to see.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tlvid said:

Great news! Thanks Sasa. I know it's early days but will there be an FSX version of the updated Lukla? As my favourite scenery of all time it would be fantastic to see.

Very likely. The initial release of Lukla will propably for Aerofly FS2, after which we will release the P3D and FSX versions.

Bests,

Sascha

• Upvote 1

On 12.1.2018 at 15:03, Sasa sagte:

...The initial release of Lukla will propably for Aerofly FS2...

Bests,

Sascha

Hi Sascha,

this would be really great. A fantastic photoscenery for Aerofly FS 2 and a terrifying airport.  

I suppose you will need a refined elevation mesh for the airport area itself.

Looking forward to your work.

Regards

RC-Rodeo

2018-01-14.thumb.png.f8382e7bda1f3ade4b4bc97e49a50b31.png

More screenshots! Scenery is going into betatesting today. :)

aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_01_20180118-124544.jpg

aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_35_20180118-132327.jpg

aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_32_20180118-132039.jpg

aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_27_20180118-130856.jpg

aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_20_20180118-130313.jpg

aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_28_20180118-130928.jpg

aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_30_20180118-131531.jpg

aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_31_20180118-132005.jpg

aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_38_20180118-132411.jpg

aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_02_20180118-124827.jpg

aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_03_20180118-125035.jpg

aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_06_20180118-125152.jpg