Anchorage gate layout

balus

Hi,

is it possible to get a gate layout as it doesn't seem to match any charts, not unusual I know. I put a 744F on N Parking Cargo 1 which doesn't seem to appear on any charts and GSX tells me that there are no parking positions available.

thanks

Scott

• Developer

First: Anchorage is no Mega Airport, will move the thread to the correct forum

Second: About which Anchorage Version you talk here, FS9, FSX or P3D V4?

It's professional, the version just released - I didn't see a Professional section and so assumed that it would go into the Mega section. Where should it go?

Edit: I was following the lead of this post about the just released pro version

that you had just responded to - now I'm confused - is there a section just for Professional scenery?

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 hours ago, balus said:

It's professional, the version just released - I didn't see a Professional section and so assumed that it would go into the Mega section. Where should it go?

Edit: I was following the lead of this post about the just released pro version

that you had just responded to - now I'm confused - is there a section just for Professional scenery?

No worries. Your post is now fine where it is.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Is the "APC 3-30" chart in NavData Pro what you're looking for as a "gate layout"? You could also try zooming in on Google Earth and you'll be able to pick out some IDs for cargo parking. Looks like the UPS ramp has no stand IDs, but the FedEx ramp does.

Of course no guarantees on alignment with the AFCAD, just sayin' there's a couple of ways you can get real life gate/stand assignments.

25 minutes ago, Herman said:

Is the "APC 3-30" chart in NavData Pro what you're looking for as a "gate layout"? You could also try zooming in on Google Earth and you'll be able to pick out some IDs for cargo parking. Looks like the UPS ramp has no stand IDs, but the FedEx ramp does.

Of course no guarantees on alignment with the AFCAD, just sayin' there's a couple of ways you can get real life gate/stand assignments.

Thanks,

I don't use NavData Pro, I'm looking at actual charts. I can zoom in with Google maps, and have done so but the ramp markings don't match those in P3D so I was just hoping that the layout that was used to create the AFCAD bgl file was available.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The PANC NavData Pro charts come with the airport. They should install with version 1.02. If not, they can be downloaded from your shop account, as they should appear just below the instant download link for PANC Pro.

• Developer
On 10.1.2018 at 7:15 AM, balus said:

Hi,

is it possible to get a gate layout as it doesn't seem to match any charts, not unusual I know. I put a 744F on N Parking Cargo 1 which doesn't seem to appear on any charts and GSX tells me that there are no parking positions available.

thanks

Scott

All Gates have the correct Number, where the charts we found for PANC are giving the Info about the Naming, but this are only available for the Parkingarea around both Terminals (B,C,N) and the Apron Area L,K,P,R.

I you have better official charts for all areas, feel free to provide them, so that we can correct the naming in the afcad.

I'm not sure that you are understanding what I am looking for. When you created the AFCAD you must have assigned gate and ramp numbers, can we have a layout of these showing where they are on the airport? As per my original post, GSX does not identify any 747 compatible parking spaces, with a layout map we should be able to provide GSX with the necessary information for these spaces.

• Developer

As I sad, there is no Chart showing the Position number, but maybe the attached screens of the Afcad helps.

But regarding you issue with GSX I think it is an detection issue of GSX, as they don't show you the PANC Airport, they maybe are thinking you are in PALH (Lake Hood) or Z41 (Strip beside Lake Hood).

I remember there was an issue like that in the FSX Version until they provide a hardcoded fix for that, but maybeI am wrong here

Please login to display this image.

Great, this is what I was after.

GSX is seeing the correct airport and the terminals - I'll see if I can work out what needs to be modified in GSX now

thanks

Do you have Orbx Alaska? Could be conflicting afcads from sak to be sure I remove the bgl files that have PANC in their names from the orbx sak scenery folder

Archived