Anchorage Pro - PANC North Parking Logs as Z41

dmiannay

Whenever I start a flight at PANC North Parking 7 (the others nearby do the same) the resulting LogBook record shows the airport as Z41 (Lake Hood Strip).  Is there any way to get this corrected?  Thanks!  And I love the new scenery!

Doug

• Deputy Sheriffs

Are you referring to the P3D v4 in-sim logbook? If so, I've noticed a number of errors for start (if it even picks it up) and intermediate/final landing locations. Since the in-sim logbook is provided by LM, and I don't know where it picks up location, it might be more productive to ask on an LM site or AVSIM.

• Developer

As long as you don't open a Flightplan and select the Airport and Parkingposition, the Sim did not see, what your "Airport" is and in case of PANC we have three Airports (Afcads) PANC, PALH and Z41 in a  extrem near condition. So if the sim will "find" the Airport related to your LAT/LON Position, he maybe fails and find the wrong Airport AFCAD for that. Nothing we can change.

Got a similar issue but with GSX, the northern cargo parkings wont be recognized by GSX as its apparently overlapping with the Z41 AFCAD. While GSX allows excluding of AFCADs, it seems it only allows proper ICAO IDs which would be a 4-Letter code, while Z41 isnt a 4-letter code. As i dont fly GA can i simply disable the Z41 AFCAD BGL without causing any issues?

• Developer
41 minutes ago, woozie77 said:

Got a similar issue but with GSX, the northern cargo parkings wont be recognized by GSX as its apparently overlapping with the Z41 AFCAD. While GSX allows excluding of AFCADs, it seems it only allows proper ICAO IDs which would be a 4-Letter code, while Z41 isnt a 4-letter code. As i dont fly GA can i simply disable the Z41 AFCAD BGL without causing any issues?

You can try it, is the Z41_AFX-OP01.BGL, but I don't think that will fix it, as the default Scenery has an Afcad for the Strip too. Contact FSDreamteam, maybe they can fix there 4-Letter issue.

I appreciate all the responses, folks.  While a bit of an annoyance, it is quite easy to edit the logbook record after the flight, so I'll stick with that for now.

Doug

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived