• Deputy Sheriffs

PANc in Combination with FTX SAK causes floating buildings outside PANC, e.g:
at PAMR (Merrill Field) PANC + FTX SAK

Please login to display this image.

at PAMR with FTX SAK only:

• Developer

Hi Otto,

can you please save a flight there and restart the flight, so that it is loaded at this location.

This area far away of PANC should not effected from the addon, but when you slew around it happens often, that buildings are positioned at a other level then the local fine flatten will show it, when you come near.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hmm, this happened when I took of at PANC and landed at PAMR, no slewing at all, but will give it another try.

• Developer

The Mesh included in PANC is ending at -149.88 Lon, that's 2 Km west of Merrill Field, so it could not effect anything in the area.

• Developer

Checked it on my PC with all installed that ORBX offers for that area. Got no flying buildings at Merill field.
Flying objects are caused by an "timing loading error", when the autogen objects are placed while a low LOD mesh (or a flatten file not yet) is loaded. They keep their height. When the sim engine switches to a higher mesh LOD level (which could be lower due to its higher resolution at some areas) autogen buildings are flying. I don´t know any other possible reason. It often happens while slewing around (which you didn´t), but can also happen at dense areas.
Since FTX SAK is a very dense area it could possibly happen that the timing of loading things like mesh and autogen went wrong. But as Oliver allready wrote: Nothing of our files affects that area around Merill Field.

To test it: Save the flight and load it again. Than the loading or timing order is correct and everything should look fine.

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, made an interesting observation:

- After activating PANC again, I loaded the aircraft at PAMR and had no floating building, BUT all trees in that area were gone.

- Closed P3D, run FTX Central, what I also did after installing PANC to check with the Vector tool, loaded the aircraft again at PAMR and no floating buildings and trees were back again.

So could this something have to do with the autogen description problem invited by Orbx?

• Developer
vor 3 Minuten, mopperle sagte:

So could this something have to do with the autogen description problem invited by Orbx?

Maybe. But I cannot tell anything about this as only ORBX knows what ORBX has done :-)

• Deputy Sheriffs

indeed ;)

and this might also be the reason for a bit strange mixture of trees:

Archived