Aerosoft A320 Autothrottle N1 can't hold speed steady

Kungi

Hello, this is my first post here and i didn't find any topic similar to my problem in FSX.

I'm currently learning to operate the A320 from Aerosoft. Everything seems nice until i reach cruising altitude. My aircraft can't keep the N1 rotation steady (not on manual speed nor MCDU set speed). I set my speed for example to 300kts and my AP goes crazy, from 40% N1 back to 20% and immediatley after that to 90%.

This results in a steady swing from +-3kts from by desired speed. I don't know how to fix this. From reading other threads i checked my FPS, i have about 60 on my PC and 30 on my Surface. I set the weather to "clear skies" because i thought maybe it's turbulence.

With this problem i don't enjoy flying as i constantly hear the engines spooling up and down, which is extremely annoying on longer flights.

Hope somebody can help me

On 8.1.2018 at 14:29, Tom A320 sagte:

Can you post a screenshot (png or jpg file format) of your PFD, ND, upper ECAM and FCU at such situation please?

Here are the screenshots. It doesn't matter if i put in a manual Spd Constr. Engines keep spooling up and down. Oh and i made the plane to level off at this height becaseu i wasn't able to reach the dialed altitude of 30.000feet in time (but that doesn't change anything either)

Please login to display this image.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Why don't you leave everything to the AP? Simply press Speed and Altitude buttons and let the plane do the work for you. The most important is to clearly understand the FBW logic of the plane because it will act very "strange" otherwise, especially if you are used to Boeing.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, if the shown altitude is your new desired CRZ ALT, then you should set the ALT at FCU to this new CRZ ALT. Your FMA has to show ALT CRZ, currently you are in V/S mode, maybe this could be the reason for your issues.

Do you have this problem also, if the aircraft reaches the CRZ ALT in managed mode and does level off automatically?

• 1 year later...

Same problem here. I set speed to Auto then when at ALT CRZ , speed whines way way down and auto throttle throttles way back.  Have to manually set speed. It wont hold at CRZ.  Even though the Alt is set to the MCDU prescribed ALT.  Same problem before update. Perhaps a bug not fixed?

• 1 month later...

Archived