PFPX and REX Sky Force 3D

Does anyone know how to link up PFPX with REX Skyforce?

Ideally I would go to PFPX Configuration, select/click weather in the left pane and then set the folder containing metar_report.xml  which is found here <drive>:REX Sky Force for Prepar3D\PFPXFile folder. However, when I click ok, I get an error "Can't load Real Environment Extreme (REX) weather data.

Has anyone got Skyforce and PFPX to work ?

I have checked the file "metar_report.xml" and it is updated frequently. Why is PFPX unable to read the file stored here :<drive>:REX Sky Force for Prepar3D\PFPXFile.

I have queried REX as well but looks like PFPX needs to investigate too...

If REX have changed the XML format then PFPX will not read it.

Should that be the case then I suggest submitting a feature request to FlightsimSoft requesting Sky Force support.

To my knowledge Sky Force does not support historic weather ? in which case there is no benefit at all in its use over PFPX online weather.

Hi Tom and Stephen,

Just for kicks,  I deleted the files metar_report.xml and pfpxfile.xml from the folder D:\REX Sky Force 3D for Prepar3D v4\PFPXFile and then restarted skforce3d. 

I think I found the issue, the files are not being recreated after starting Skyforce3d.

I first started P3D and loaded a default flight.
I then started Skyforce3d and found that although weather loaded correctly for my home city, the files metar_report.xml and pfpxfile.xml in the folder D:\REX Sky Force 3D for Prepar3D v4\PFPXFile  were not created.

Any ideas ?

Cheers,
Mario

No idea that file was in this folder too : D:\REX Sky Force 3D for Prepar3D v4\PFPXFile

Update: the Metar_report.xml file was created but pfpx can't read it..

• Deputy Sheriffs

If PFPX can't read it, REX might have changed the format of that XML file for their Sky Force.

As Stephen already wrote, best to head over to FlighSimSoft or a feature request.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I know that this is an old post but the reason why PFPX cant read the .xml file that it needs is because there is no data. Opening REX's metar_report.xml in the PFPX folder only shows 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<NewDataSet/>

However, there are three weather.xml files in the REX main folder, of which weatherasm2.xml has a file size in my case of 1277 Kb. The Date Modified is updated each time REX is used. This is the file that's used by the REX servers when gathering weather. Sadly, copying this file into the REX PFPX folder and renaming it metar_report.xml (after having renamed the original file in there with a .old extension) still results in the same error message in PFPX. I haven't had any joy tinkering with the data set using MS Excel either.

Archived