January's ScreenShot Contest - LINING UP

• Deputy Sheriffs

Happy New Year to one and all......Hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas (regardless if you were naughty or good).  While 2017 was a very productive year simulation wise, 2018 thus far seems to be shaping up quite well as there are several highly anticipated new releases (aircraft and scenery, possibly a few utilities as well) on the horizon.  My apologies for getting us off to a late start but I dropped the ball and did not set up the contest ahead of time to kick in the beginning of the month.

To kick the year off, January's theme is going to be "LINING UP".  This can be of both ground and or air operations - be creative.

Good Luck to all.

Lining Up

Please login to display this image.

Users are allowed to change their posted image up until the time frame allowing you to do so expires.  If you fail to post an image based on the theme of the month, it is very likely that the image will not be considered during "judgment day".  As Always   - All participants are ONLY allowed 1 image.

1 hour ago, Aharon said:

Do "lining up" screenshots have to be taken ONLY from seats in cockpits for January 2018 contest?

I don't think so. Lining up will look great from the exterior view as well.

Great theme Kroswynd! ....can I do one of each.... one on the ground and one in the air.? :D

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 hours ago, Aharon said:

Do "lining up" screenshots have to be taken ONLY from seats in cockpits for January 2018 contest?

From the original post "January's theme is going to be "LINING UP".  This can be of both ground and or air operations - be creative." :D

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 hours ago, edetroit said:

Great theme Kroswynd! ....can I do one of each.... one on the ground and one in the air.? :D

You know Ed, that is not a bad idea.....I will have to give it some more though for some upcoming themes.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, Lotus3xiG3 said:

@kroswynd Is there any need of a runway in the picture, when you are approaching in air e.g.?

Well, there needs to be a reference to something or which you are lining up for - hope that helps.

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 hours ago, Aharon said:

Kroswynd,

Is my screenshot a good example of lining up??  I am just trying to understand to be sure I am following the rules of January 2018 correctly.

Well, your image shows that you have been already established in the lined up position preparing for the next phase -takeoff.  So the image needs to show a reference to what it is you are lining up to.  I am willing to remove this image since you mentioned that this is an example, let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Cheers

Ohhhhhhh  so lining up means IN PROCESS OF ENTERING INTO RUNWAY during taxiing OR on final runway approach to runway showing view of runway during final runway approach.

Correct?

5 minutes ago, kroswynd said:

Well, your image shows that you have been already established in the lined up position preparing for the next phase -takeoff.  So the image needs to show a reference to what it is you are lining up to.  I am willing to remove this image since you mentioned that this is an example, let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Since it is not following the rules of January 2018 contest, please delete my screenshot.  I think lining up means IN PROCESS OF ENTERING INTO RUNWAY during taxiing OR on final runway approach to runway showing view of runway during final runway approach.

Thanks for explanations

Thanks,

Aharon

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 minutes ago, Aharon said:

Since it is not following the rules of January 2018 contest, please delete my screenshot.  I think lining up means IN PROCESS OF ENTERING INTO RUNWAY during taxiing OR on final runway approach to runway showing view of runway during final runway approach.

Thanks for explanations

Thanks,

Aharon

Slate cleaned,,,,,good luck

1 hour ago, Aharon said:

Thanks for explanations

Thanks,

Aharon

I would say:

On the ground: Entering into and lining up with (not lined up with) the runway after takeoff clearance.

In the air: Again lining up with the runway (not lined up with) That is to say...still one dot to go on the localizer or a slight bank to show adjustment for loc capture or runway alignment.

A cockpit shot without a runway in view is possible if it is very low vis and obvious from the HSI that the course of the localiser is different to the heading plus a bank angle on the ADI..... but I do not think that would make for a winning shot.

Both either interior or exterior views.

vor 1 hour , kroswynd sagte:

Well, there needs to be a reference to something or which you are lining up for - hope that helps.

Ah, okay! Let's try this one whilst lining up with Ibiza's runway 06:

Just like @Aharon's picture, that is just a test if this one was okay :D ... If not, delete it! Sorry, but seems to be a lot of confusion going on this time.

14 minutes ago, edetroit said:

Could you tell us what is happening here because I cannot tell...... all I can see is flaps up so....?

Backtrack !!

9 minutes ago, Roelio said:

The funny thing about landing on a carrier, is that you're constantly lining up ;)

Pretty sure it does not get tougher than that....I like it!

Nice shot Aharon..... although looking at the nose wheel angle, the nose wheel should be left of the centre line if you want the main gear of that beautiful bird to line up correctly. IMHO :D

On 1/9/2018 at 4:01 AM, edetroit said:

Nice shot Aharon.....

Thanks for your kind words

On 1/9/2018 at 4:01 AM, edetroit said:

although looking at the nose wheel angle, the nose wheel should be left of the centre line if you want the main gear of that beautiful bird to line up correctly. IMHO :D

Well trying to hold steering wheel while taking screenshot and talking to airport controller (ALL OF THOSE) at same time. It is like real world pilot trying to hold yoke for steering L1101 during lining up while using hand for digital camera to take photographs.

Archived