Incorrect EICAS messages posted on the ground with engines off

Ak47e6

With the aircraft configured at the gate prior to pushback/engine start checklist the only EICAS messages should be the fuel pump caution, Pax door warning, oil press warning. Outboard brake caution and fuel low press caution. If hyd 3 is not powered you would get a hyd 3 low press as well. All the ejector, spolier and hyd 1 and 2 caution messages are inhibited. The plane knows the engines are not on so it won't post those messages. See picture from actual aircraft just prior to pushback check 

Please login to display this image.

Would you not also have the pitot heat caution messages at the gate? On the 200, those will be present prior to engine start with the heat switch "off", but it may be different on the 700/900. The probes are partially heated on the ground even with the switch in the off position, and will automatically go to full heat when airborne regardless of the switch position, but I believe the message should be present - at least before engine start. Our company SOP is to leave the switch "off" until taking the runway unless icing conditions exist.

Jim Barrett

I think you are correct. My point is the Hyd 1/2 low press and all the ejector and spoiler caution messages should not be posted on the ground with the engines shut down unless there is a failure. 

• Developer

Unfortunately I don't have any information about message inhibitting (except for the screenshots posted in this thread). Does anyone have a more or less complete overview about whats gets inhibitted in which phase of flight?

I checked and the only info I found in our system manual is for the ejector caution messages not being posted with the engines off (I.E. The thrust lever in cutoff position).  However, I can say 100% that the following caution messages are posted and should NOT be when you are on the ground with the engines off( HYD 1 and 2 Lo press, R and L Main Ejector, R and L Scav Ejector, IB Spoilerons, IB and OB Flt Splrs, IB and OB Gnd Splrs) This is the case with both engines shut down or during single engine taxi as well.  I think the trigger is the position of the thrust lever being in cut off vs idle.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • Developer

@Ak47e6 I implemented what you said, but currently for the condition "aircraft on ground and both engines shutdown" which would mean that i.e. the HYD 1 LO PRESS message will show after engine #2 has been started (both engines shutdown condition is no longer met). Can you confirm that this is the case?

Thanks a lot!

Archived