Unable to enable sceneries from addon.xml

busychild

vor 1 hour , Capt. PERO sagte:

You don't like the "Jetzt" message? Ups, it was really hard to implement but I have removed it for the official release. :D

I knew it was a "feature" :D

vor 1 hour , Capt. PERO sagte:

Until now me and the BETA team are pretty sure that it works like expected. Would be great if you could tell me in which case it did not work.

OK...thx...will do some more testing but will take a few days I'm a bit busy next days.

I will stick to configs with everything enabled in Add-On.xml ConfigSet as this is the supposed usage.

For safety reasons I will use new profiles in SceneryMgr.

Thx to my wife ;) I had some unexpected time for testing with the Jetzt-Version:

I did all testing with airports activated in AddonMgr

1. General deactivation of Addon-Airports in SceneryMGR works

2. Merge of profiles works

3. Start SceneryMgr with profile doesn't work  - formerly deactivated addon-airports in SceneryMgr appear activated in Last-Minute-Window, deactivating them here again works

That is my experience so far, do some more testing in the next days

Klaus

• Developer
On 10.1.2018 at 22:51, boogie sagte:

Thx to my wife ;) I had some unexpected time for testing with the Jetzt-Version:

I did all testing with airports activated in AddonMgr

1. General deactivation of Addon-Airports in SceneryMGR works

2. Merge of profiles works

3. Start SceneryMgr with profile doesn't work  - formerly deactivated addon-airports in SceneryMgr appear activated in Last-Minute-Window, deactivating them here again works

That is my experience so far, do some more testing in the next days

Klaus

Thank you. Point 3 has been validated as bug.

It now implemented this way:

If the "Last minute window" comes up, only add-on.xml files that contains "Scenery" Categories will be affected. Previous "Add-On.xml ConfigSets" settings will stay. New version will be tested by the team and comes soon. This should cover all issues.

Vor 1 Stunde, Capt. PERO sagte:

If the "Last minute window" comes up, only add-on.xml files that contains "Scenery" Categories will be affected. Previous "Add-On.xml ConfigSets" settings will stay. New version will be tested by the team and comes soon. This should cover all issues.

I'm not sure if I understand your description but the last sentence makes me happy.;)

Hi Pero, first of all thank you for the update.

I have tested different configurations a bit and just want to let you know my results

The config with Add-on.xml airports activated in the AddonMgr and deactivated in the SceneryMgr worked as described lately.

But as I want to use the Last-Minute-Window and the airports are activated there even if they are deactivated in the SceneryMGR I tried a few things with airports deactivated
in both AddonMgr and SceneryMgr.

The following should be taken just as a list because I don't know if it was intended like that!

1. If airports are deactivated in both AddonMgr and SceneryMgr they appear deactivated in the last-minute-window and I can choose the ones I need.

That was all I hoped for...thank you very much again

2. If I have the last-minute-window open where all airports are deactivated and I don't click on any of them, just click cancel or OK they got activated again after sim start

You can avoid this if you click-and-unclick any of them.

As this is a situation which shouldn't happen  as I don't want to fly without airports it is not important for me at last

3.  The situation I described in 1. with airports deactivated in both Mgr's  and activating them in last-minute-window only works if I start the profile in Simstarter NG.

If I start by using the desktop icon the add-on.xml airports are activated in the last-minute-window again.

This is something really strange I think.

Let me know if you need more info on this

Kind regards

Klaus

On 15.1.2018 at 05:22, Capt. PERO sagte:

Version 1.6.6.2 is out now. All issues should be solved now.

Thanks for finding out!

Since the last update i can't enable sceneries which are managed by the add-on method at all:

http://prntscr.com/i1ue5b

http://prntscr.com/i1ueb5

As you can see on the second screenshots, the scenery get's activated and deactivated at the same time.

For other sceneries (not the Polish Airport ones) it says that the scenery was activated but after opening up the scenery manager the checkbox isn't checked anymore (and of course the scenery isn't available in the sim).

Here is my debug pack:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/22kucdbffm8st32/20180117-20h33m41_SIMstarterNG_DebugPackage.zip?dl=0

Thanks!

• Developer
On 15.1.2018 at 19:03, boogie sagte:

Hi Pero, first of all thank you for the update.

I have tested different configurations a bit and just want to let you know my results

The config with Add-on.xml airports activated in the AddonMgr and deactivated in the SceneryMgr worked as described lately.

But as I want to use the Last-Minute-Window and the airports are activated there even if they are deactivated in the SceneryMGR I tried a few things with airports deactivated
in both AddonMgr and SceneryMgr.

The following should be taken just as a list because I don't know if it was intended like that!

1. If airports are deactivated in both AddonMgr and SceneryMgr they appear deactivated in the last-minute-window and I can choose the ones I need.

That was all I hoped for...thank you very much again

2. If I have the last-minute-window open where all airports are deactivated and I don't click on any of them, just click cancel or OK they got activated again after sim start

As this is a situation which shouldn't happen  as I don't want to fly without airports it is not important for me at last

3.  The situation I described in 1. with airports deactivated in both Mgr's  and activating them in last-minute-window only works if I start the profile in Simstarter NG.

If I start by using the desktop icon the add-on.xml airports are activated in the last-minute-window again.

This is something really strange I think.

Let me know if you need more info on this

Kind regards

Klaus

Hi Klaus,

thank you again.

Confirmed bug with the "Last Minute Window". He ignored the result of the ScenerySets. This is fixed and will be tested by the team asap.

• Developer
On 17.1.2018 at 20:35, busychild sagte:

Since the last update i can't enable sceneries which are managed by the add-on method at all:

As you can see on the second screenshots, the scenery get's activated and deactivated at the same time.

For other sceneries (not the Polish Airport ones) it says that the scenery was activated but after opening up the scenery manager the checkbox isn't checked anymore (and of course the scenery isn't available in the sim).

Here is my debug pack:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/22kucdbffm8st32/20180117-20h33m41_SIMstarterNG_DebugPackage.zip?dl=0

Thanks!

Please test Scenery "29Palms - C7 - EDBC - Magdeburg".

Polish Airports add-on.xml contains multiple categories "Scenery". That will bring up another issue because I can only disable complete files. Not parts of the file.

Issue should be fixed with the next update. But please test Mageburg and come back.

vor 9 Stunden , Capt. PERO sagte:

Hi Klaus,

thank you again.

Confirmed bug with the "Last Minute Window". He ignored the result of the ScenerySets. This is fixed and will be tested by the team asap.

Nice! :)

I have experienced another thing but I can't tell you on which circumstances it occurs...

I have one profile with everything turned on. During my tests starting with different profiles it happend twice that the addon-airports got turned off in this profile.

When I opened this profile in simstarter they were turned off in the SceneryMgr.

But as I said...right now I can't tell you what situation leads to this but I'll keep my eyes open.

Klaus

• Developer
On 17.1.2018 at 20:35, busychild sagte:

Here is my debug pack:

Thanks!

Thank you. You had so many add-on.xml that I learned that some of the functions are very not very performant. This will change as well with the next version. B)

This hasn't changed but I think it wasn't supposed to.

This is fixed. Great. Thank you very much

So for me all is fine now!:)

But as a bonus one funny optical thing:

Please login to display this image.

This is how Dortmund looks in the Last-Minute-Window although in AddonMgr the full path is visible

But it doesn't seem to do any harm, airport loads normally

Klaus

• Deputy Sheriffs

Peter,

I can see this too with other sceneries. I might have something todo with how the latest AS installer works. I'M currently checking this ;)

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Got it. The information of the add-on.xml point to the main directory of the add-on.xml file. Therefore we see no path. But I will replace the "." by the correct path with next update. I think this is less confusing. But it's related to the add-on.xml file not SIMstarter NG.

I think we can close this topic now. :O)

Archived