• 3 weeks later...

I feel like I've spent way too much time in a Tardus!! 

I could swear, actually I will swear, that under the heading "The rules and official messages" there was a topic called, if I remember correctly, "Official Diary."  And we were instructed to, and many/probably most of us did enter the hours, miles, locations, vehicle used, etc. of each leg.  I thought that the Official Diary would be an integral part of this event. NOW IT IS TOTALLY GONE FROM SIGHT! If it wasn't ever to be seen again, why waste the data space and our time filling it in?  And I wonder how can people consider the event without that documentation still being available?  After all it was listed under "The rules and official messages."

Now I just looked at a posting from six hours ago about a flight called Day 9 and dated 11 October as in three + months ago!!  I certainly didn't and still don't quibble too much about extending the 80 days a few days or till after the new year's events.  But if the most current, as in six hours ago, entry of a still apparent legitimate entrant is day 9, 11 October.  And worse yet, that entrant is still in Asia, I fear a few or maybe several of us may die before this entrant's event is over.

I think the event is a great idea!  I truly enjoyed not only being in it but especially reading others' diaries including the "Official Diary."  But I can assure you many could have provided much more detail and more pain-staking shots if they/we had known this event would go on for months after the announced 80 days.

OOPS! MY BAD!!  IT IS CALLED THE "OFFICIAL LOGBOOK" AND IS STILL THERE.  Having said that, since the last entry was in December and that was made by me, the Official Logbook obviously isn't nearly as important as I had thought it would be.

Rupert

I think the 80 days finished in December and a few extra days were allowed, though that would have lost the bet but  adding new data now would make a mockery of the event as it was "Around the World".

• 3 months later...

OK, it's now May and as far as I can tell the last chick has returned to the nest.  Are we going to vote on entrant's submissions, say the event is over, or just ignore it and let it all die?

Rupert

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's officially summer now and the last post in this "club" was on 19 May.  I voted in December.  As I understood it,  Has anyone else voted at all?

Mathijs, have you thought about starting a new around the world event after your new Airbus Pro models come out? I really enjoyed the 80 days event and it would be nice to do something again. Or maybe just a weekly challenge with different approaches and time/weather settings etc. This would be a great way to celebrate and see the new models in several situations.

Archived