Alta X & Dublin for P3Dv4?

Lord Nibbo

Unfortunately, it seems that AS have little to no interest in looking at improving the performance of Dublin or in fact making a V4 compatible version (which has halved traffic into Dublin on many multiplayer networks may I add). I also would love if they'd take some of the most 'requested' sceneries for V4 - ie Dublin as it has multiple threads made about it alone instead of going through the 'list' that they have. A lot of airports are fine with the original P3D installer, meanwhile Dublin is riddled with A330 pancakes on the taxiway. The demand for Dublin is huge, I know many people who have stopped flying into Dublin due to the unusable scenery which AS are sadly giving no timeline on when it will be fixed.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, CathalB said:

Unfortunately, it seems that AS have little to no interest in looking at improving the performance of Dublin or in fact making a V4 compatible version

How do you come to that conclusion? Mathijs simply stated that currently it is not being worked on it. AS has over 200 projects that needs to be worked on and you can be sure that they set their priorities based on facts.

On 30/12/2017 at 2:24 PM, mopperle said:

How do you come to that conclusion? Mathijs simply stated that currently it is not being worked on it. AS has over 200 projects that needs to be worked on and you can be sure that they set their priorities based on facts.

Because they aren't working on it perhaps? Instead Aerosoft are working through their backlog building chargable upgrades in the "professional" product line.

I completely agree with the post you are responding to. If the scenery was developed in accordance with the SDK then it would work reasonably well without any updates required. Instead it's a complete mess and is completely unusable. 

Its

On 30/12/2017 at 1:16 PM, CathalB said:

Unfortunately, it seems that AS have little to no interest in looking at improving the performance of Dublin or in fact making a V4 compatible version (which has halved traffic into Dublin on many multiplayer networks may I add). I also would love if they'd take some of the most 'requested' sceneries for V4 - ie Dublin as it has multiple threads made about it alone instead of going through the 'list' that they have. A lot of airports are fine with the original P3D installer, meanwhile Dublin is riddled with A330 pancakes on the taxiway. The demand for Dublin is huge, I know many people who have stopped flying into Dublin due to the unusable scenery which AS are sadly giving no timeline on when it will be fixed.

Cathal

I totally agree with you, I can't understand why there is no timeline for the upgrade or no commitment to say when it will be completed. Its a shame because I would be one of those pilots not flying into Dublin online, it was my all time favourite airport and on another note I can't understand why you got 4 down votes really!

Hopefully some other Developer will release a better version ;)

On 28/12/2017 at 2:01 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

At this moment these airports are not worked on. Perhaps later.

Mathijs,

Why Not, "SOONER" ????????????????????

Paul.

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 hours ago, Paul said:

Why Not, "SOONER" ???????????????????

It seems to me that you haven't read what was already written in this topic, just a few posts above. 

If a manufacturer would have endless resources updating 200+ add-ons could be done in no time. It would be possible to work on all of them simultaneously. 

Unfortunately there is no such company in the flight simulation universe, as the market is simply not large enough to pay for so many employees. 

So the result is, that those 200+ are not worked simultaneously on, but in a serialised manner. 

This comes with the necessity to bring the list of 200+ add-ons into a certain order.

As of today a lot of add-ons on that list have been already updated, some of them are currently in the process of getting updated and the rest is simply still waiting for its timeslot for the update. 

And this is, in a nutshell, the answer to your question. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived