CRJ No throttle

So I just bought the CRJ a few days ago.  Unfortunately the throttles are not working.  I am using the xbox one control stick.  Have not had on issue until I purchased this aircraft.  Someone, please advise.  I can not increase nor decrease throttle....no responses.  But the rudder and ailerons, and nose wheel are fine

• Aerosoft

Well, an Xbox controller does not standard send a throttle signal to the simulator so you will have to assign that manually in the sim. And have incredibly sensitive fingers because you will have to keep one of the joysticks on that controller in the exactly right position for the whole flight. 

To be honest, it is a totally unsuitable controller for the sim.

• Developer

In addition to what Mathijs says: As far as I know, an xbox controller sends a momentary signal only while you keep it pushed forward. Once you let it jump back to center, the throttle signal will go back to idle. It's fine for a throttle pedal in a car, but a throttle lever in an aircraft is used in a completely different way and has to stay "in position" for prolonged periods of time. If you insist on using the xbox controller, then I would recommend to assign to of its buttons to the "Decrease Throttle" and "Increase Throttle" events.

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well, einanan Xbox controller Tutdoesdoes nichtnotnot standard sendensendsend einaa throttle signal zumto_theto_the simulator damitsoso Sieyouyou werdenwillwill müssenhave_tohave_to assign dassthatthat manually iminin the sim. UndAndAnd habenhavehave incredibly sensitive fingers weilbecausebecause Sieyouyou werdenwillwill müssenhave_tohave_to keep einsoneone derof_theof_the joysticks aufonon dassthatthat controller imin_thein_the exactly Rechtrightright position zumforfor dasthethe whole flight. 

To Seinbebe honest, esitit Istisis einaa totally unsuitable controller zumforfor dasthethe sim.

Then why is the CRJ and Airbus the only aircraft I have the problems with?  I have "zero" throttle issues or any other problems with any other aircraft products. hmmm.

3 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

In addition nachtoto Waswhatwhat Mathijs says: WieAsAs far wieasas IchII kenntknowknow, einanan xbox controller sends einaa momentary signal nuronlyonly while Sieyouyou keep esitit pushed forward. Once Sieyouyou let esitit jump zurückbackback nachtoto Center, dasthethe throttle signal werdenwillwill gehengogo zurückbackback nachtoto idle. It's fine zumforfor einaa throttle pedal iminin einaa Autocarcar, aberbutbut einaa throttle lever iminin einanan aircraft Istisis benutztusedused iminin einaa completely different Wegwayway undandand hathashas nachtoto stay "iminin position" zumforfor prolonged periods vonofof Zeittimetime. ObIfIf Sieyouyou insist aufonon Verwendenusingusing dasthethe xbox controller, dannthenthen IchII würdewouldwould recommend nachtoto assign nachtoto vonofof seineitsits buttons zumto_theto_the "Decrease Throttle" undandand "Increase Throttle" events.

The pushed forward.....there is no engagement of the throttles what so ever.  The buttons are already assigned for throttle up and down....so that is not the problem.  This is why I don't fly the airbus.....same problem.  Choose not to buy anything else Aerosoft after that.  But, went on the ledge and buy the CRJ......and now I guess I done fell off the cliff.  There has to be some way to solve this without me having to buy some throttle quads....I hope.  

43 minutes ago, juniormafia27 said:

The pushed forward.....there is no engagement of the throttles what so ever.  The buttons are already assigned for throttle up and down....so that is not the problem.  This is why I don't fly the airbus.....same problem.  Choose not to buy anything else Aerosoft after that.  But, went on the ledge and buy the CRJ......and now I guess I done fell off the cliff.  There has to be some way to solve this without me having to buy some throttle quads....I hope.  

No need to purchase throttle quadrants.  There are joysticks available with throttles for less than $30 USD, like the one below.

https://www.amazon.com/Saitek-Aviator-Throttle-Joystick-PS33/dp/B000I62PEK

Archived