No gauges after reinstallation

Hello!

I've just re-downloaded and reinstalled the CRJ some days ago because I hoped this would solve some FMS and LNAV issues. Now everything went normal during installation, but when I load the aircraft, there are no working gauges. The engines start at the beginning while both the engine start AND stop switch illuminate. Then they are off as well as everything else. You can move the thrust levers by joystick, you can even taxi (however with the nose wheel stuck at 90°). But there are no working gauges. The switches work without click sound, but have no effect on anything.

I've read this topic as the problem is very similar. However I got no error message while installing it. In the folder .../Aerosoft/Digital Aviation CRJ/Logs there is a file called ASCRJ_SimConnect_Log.txt with the content: *** Exception: 5/0/1. Not sure if this is what you meant to check in the other topic.

What could be wrong here?? Strange that with the last installation before this, everything worked fine except the bugs I tried to remove by reinstalling it.

Of course, no need for you to worry about that over the Christmas days. But it would be nice if you could give me some advice some time after that.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Dominik

• Developer

Exception 5 means that your Simconnect version is older than the minimum requirement: SIMCONNECT_EXCEPTION_VERSION_MISMATCH = 5,

Do you still use Prepar3D v4.0? The CRJ requires Prepar3D 4.1 since version 1.0.2.

Oh yes, I still have v4.0. I didn't see that v4.1 is required for that. Normally I don't update P3D until something isn't compatible anymore to avoid other problems with the existing system.

So the moment for v4.1 has come now. Will I have to reinstall the CRJ after upgrading to v4.1?

Thanks for the quick reply, BTW!!

Regards, Dominik

• Developer

No, there's no need to reinstall the CRJ when upgrading to 4.1. However, other add-ons may cause problems. I tried upgrading myself and 4.1 worked OK except for minor strange effects. In the end, I went for a full reinstall a few weeks later.

Archived