A little help please!

Hi all!

So basically my PC gets *super* hot, and I mean the CPU can reach 100 degrees C which is extreme, and according to Speccy the rest of the parts also are in the yellow for temperature. Anyway, I have a budget for around, lets say, 300 euros, potentially a bit more (also gotta buy clothes and stuff) for a new CPU (and cooling system). So what do you recommend? I moved to X-Plane a while back from FSX/P3D, so maybe that changes things a little?

Thanks a lot, and happy holidays!

I wouldn't call that super hot, but it is above average for a CPU.

The first thing I recommend is to look at the surroundings of your computer. Does it have room to "breathe"? Some people have their computer cases completely built-in so the heat can't get away. There should always be at least 10 centimeters of free space at each side of the computer and at least 20 centimeters at the back of it. That could already solve a lot of trouble.

If that doesn't help, open up the computer case and blow out all the dust. Computers tend to become dusty on the inside, and dust doesn't do any good to cooling systems. Without dust a normal CPU cooler (delivered with the CPU by default) should be sufficient to keep the system cool. However, make sure to keep the fans steady when blowing the dust out. Spinning the fans may cause static electricity and harm the computer.

Then if this still doesn't help maybe it's time for a new cooler. That shouldn't be too expensive. Basic coolers are available for about 10 euros, for 50 euros you buy yourself a really good cooler.

Thanks a lot for your reply! Recently I brought the PC to a store where they cleaned the cooling system (new thermal paste too), but still the high temperatures persisted. Do you have a recommendation for a good cooling system, not the most expensive though?

Thanks a lot!

• Aerosoft

No, you do not.

BUT..... an air cooler just moves the heath from the CPU to the inside of the PC, you will still need to get it out of the case. With a water cooler closed loop kit you move the heat directly out of the case. That's why I always prefered them.  The Corsair Hydro series is affordable, does not need any maintenance for many years and works perfect.

Archived