P3Dv4 US Cities San Fransisco

Roadburner426

Hello. I downloaded and installed the updated installers for US Cities Chicago, Cleveland, Buffalo, Las Vegas, and New Orleans today after seeing they were finally made compatible on 4 December. However I downloaded the San Francisco installer from my download history and when I go to install it I select the P3Dv4 option, and it says "Flight Simulator install not detected" and just generically points it to C:/Program Files(x86)/FSX folders. I would manually install it but don't want to risk possibly messing up the P3D install so figured I would make a post here. Thanks in advance for any help, and hope people are having a happy holiday! Thanks by the way for updating the US Cities line, the ones that I did get to install look awesome, and perform awesome! I am going to have to finally get the rest of them now.

It is certainly a weird error to see, cause I have both FSX and P3Dv4 installed on this computer with no issues. The version of the file I downloaded is AS_USCITIESX-SAN-FRANCISCO_FSX-P3D-FSXSTEAM_V103. I also this morning after reading your post decided to try the Germany download link since I used the other one yesterday being in the US. Also for better clarity the exact message it gives me is "The Flightsimulator could not be located on your system. Please check the Flightsimulator your self." Then it just points to the C:\Program Files(x86)\ folder. At least Buffalo installed since that is the main area I fly in on the East coast here so not stressing to much on San Fran. I thank you guys for your help, and hope everyone enjoys the Holidays. Steve.

Please login to display this image.

It's likely because the installer is looking for FSX.exe instead of Prepar3d.exe.  Just a minor issue with the installer.

Have have the San Francisco City scenery, I'll do my best to test the day after Christmas and get back to you. I'll also be able to check to see which EXE file the installer is looking for.

After messing around with it I did manage to get it to work. However I had to blueprint it off the other US Cities X files to get it successfully installed. I redownloaded it today and it still did not automatically point to my v4 install location, even though the other 5 did. So I manually directed it to the P:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4 directory and it did install. Booted up Prepar3d and went to KSFO and it still didn't load, checked my add-on scenery library menu and it wasn't listed. Looked at the other 5 cities and they were in some Ecosystem\aerosoft\us cities x-xxx for all the ones but San Fran. So just went to add area, and pointed it to the San Fran folder it and it is good to go now. Never flew the scenery in FSX cause it was a slide show but today it is running a steady 30-40fps so cannot complain. Figured I'd post my solution in case anyone else runs in to this issue since you didn't have any problems with the installer.

Archived