OPabst

Sim-wings Canary Islands Professional - Tenerife Sur preview

How are we doing with this....Im holding off from Digital Designs version which does look great but i like to remain loyal to Simwings....

• Upvote 1

Same here. Maybe a status update directly from the Sim-wings team would help. I was wondering anyway why they provided updates in the Gran Canaria topic in recent months, but now have fallen silent in this topic. @Autopiloth, @737Pilot (sim-wings), anyone? ;)

For this preview topic the same is true as for all others here in the forum: updates will be provided automatically if there is something to tell or show. There is no need to push for updates. 

If you hear nothing you can safely assume that everyone is busy working on the upcoming add-on. 

And if you wonder what sim-wings all did the last months just take a look on all the sim-wing releases in that time. At least in the Aerosoft shop there was no other developer releasing that many releases as they did. 

• Upvote 2

We know that, Tom, and I guess no one has ever assumed that the Sim-wings team does not work hard currently. It's a tremendous task. But since Mathijs mentioned that Tenerife is not far from release, three weeks have gone by and a competitor has released its version of Tenerife, so I guess it's only a natural impulse to ask how this version fares.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, PatrickZ said:

I'm concerned that by the time the SimWings version will be released there'll be nobody left to sell it to. By then everybody will already have a competing product.

And what would be the consequence out of that? Release an unfinished product just to release it before any possible competitor? That can't be what you would want Sim-Wings to do, right?

• Upvote 1

is there a chance to get a Demo version of it ? with lower texture quality ? Thxs so much then :D i fly then from Kassel to Tenerife (Demo) with SundAir A320! 

23 hours ago, nealmac said:

Not really. UK2000 have a "dumbed down" version of all their airports which are free. From memory, they are nothing like the full product, and not a good indication as how they will work performance wise.

See original request below:

On 7/23/2018 at 3:57 PM, spotterahmed said:

is there a chance to get a Demo version of it ? with lower texture quality ? Thxs so much then :D i fly then from Kassel to Tenerife (Demo) with SundAir A320! 

A lower texture demo of course won't be a good indication of performance, same as the UK2000 demos won't be for their full products.

However, the point is moot as they won't happen anyway

Gents, to keep the thread concise and truly relevant to this product, I pruned some of the older comments. There was also a lot of bashing about developer decisions that was turning mean and so cut.

Thanks for keeping on-topic.

• Upvote 2

Keeping on topic I've always appreciated SimWings and eagerly await a complete set.