OPabst

Sim-wings Canary Islands Professional - Tenerife Sur preview

That's not Benchijigua Express there at it's quay at Los Christianos :D;) 

Besides that I don't like the always hazy look of XP, these ground textures look really stunning, and I also encountered the random placed hotels in Playa de las Americas and that fact that it's always the same building in the MK version.

I'd also appreciate the rendition of some of the hotels in the areas you see from the approach in the simwings version. Of course simwings will be better than MK, I would've never thought something else.  

1 hour ago, MartinM said:

I think its not avoidable, as long as multiple vendors do sell the same product.

Yes, but please not here in the preview Thread.

When the product is released, you can write a comparing review about all of them.

Please accept, that I have hidden the picture posts.

Regarding the Hotels at the Costa Adeje: Keep in mind, that this is not a VFR Tenerife Scenery. We will include the area around the airport with a mix of autogen an 3D Objects, where this makes sense, but it will be out of the limits, to design all buildings of the island.

But I am in February in Adeje, so I will make some photos of the major Hotels there, so we can see, what is possible with a update later.

• Upvote 2

vor 12 Stunden , OPabst sagte:

Yes, but please not here in the preview Thread.

When the product is released, you can write a comparing review about all of them.

Please accept, that I have hidden the picture posts.

Regarding the Hotels at the Costa Adeje: Keep in mind, that this is not a VFR Tenerife Scenery. We will include the area around the airport with a mix of autogen an 3D Objects, where this makes sense, but it will be out of the limits, to design all buildings of the island.

But I am in February in Adeje, so I will make some photos of the major Hotels there, so we can see, what is possible with a update later.

Wilco.

I would not mind if you user generic OSM buildings for 90% of the cases. Some of the very prominent buildings, however, should be accurate. The Gran Melia Palacio de Isora, is certainly one of them. Like the Hotel La Aguilas or the Parador Nacional.

I think the forrest data is very accurate for Tenerife by EEA and IDE. This can be used. And most important, there are HD and UHD textures available for Tenerife in 60cm and 35cm pixel from GrafCan.

On ‎26‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 09:57, Mathijs Kok sagte:

I can't speak for other publishers (or development teams) about the reasons they decide to do certain airports. What I can see is that Aerosoft often has slightly different reasons. For example we still do boxed releases and that reaches a different customer (certainly in countries like Italy, Spain etc). We also have to make sure our professional product portfolio stays up to date. These professional customers have different demands. All in all, and without sounding cocky, the fact there are multiple releases of the same airport does not really affect us much.

I believe everything has been said about this and everybody had his point of view in the spotlight. I suggest to move on to other topics.

First of all, I'd like to say that I think it's right and proper that Aerosoft, or in this case Simwings, wants to renew all of its airport scenes, even if other development teams have already announced or even released a version of one of these airports.

But these threat gives TFS the impression that it is now in a hurry. Maybe that's not the truth, but if you read the reactions of forum users to this preview threat, it's just this impression that causes confusion here. And I can understand that, because Gran Canaria (GCLP) was already announced in May 2016. I also believe that there is a huge demand for this scenery. Probably even more than GCTS. Because in real world it is the more used airport. But even more important is that for GCLP, as far as I know, there is no good scenery in the FSX / P3D. The last and only payware product dates from the year 2008. I think it is certainly in the interests of the community (entertainment market) to shift the priority of GCTS to GCLP.

And would it not also make more economic sense to relocate resources especially to GCLP, taking into account the professional market?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Tuijet1022 said:

And I can understand that, because Gran Canaria (GCLP) was already announced in May 2016. I also believe that there is a huge demand for this scenery. Probably even more than GCTS. Because in real world it is the more used airport. But even more important is that for GCLP, as far as I know, there is no good scenery in the FSX / P3D. The last and only payware product dates from the year 2008. I think it is certainly in the interests of the community (entertainment market) to shift the priority of GCTS to GCLP.

I do not agree because Tenerife is the most visited island and it is very attractive since it has two airports, which means that there are several developers interested in it. After Tenerife, I would prioritize Lanzarote, also for its attractiveness and then Gran Canaria.

• Downvote 2

I am sorry Tuijet1022, as explained the choice of airports being done is depending on many factors, some of which you can guess, others you simply will never know.  As said I think everything has been said and all points of view have been discussed, let's move on. This is a preview topic, if you want to discuss possible new products please use: 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Eduard Gasull said:

the mesh is stuning but why not make tenerife north? is always the same tenerife south. and why not SODE?

There is a post about SODE at the top of page 2, it seems that it will be added.

And Tenerife North will be done after Tenerife South is finished. In the meanwhile you can use RFSceneryBuilding Tenerife North. Not as stunning as the SimWings product but at least it's something.

vor 6 Stunden , Eduard Gasull sagte:

the mesh is stuning but why not make tenerife north? is always the same tenerife south. and why not SODE?

Maybe it's because close to nobody flies there? All the holiday charters (I guess that's the main market of what flightsimmers fly in their sims) fly to Tenerife South.

vor 17 Minuten, PatrickZ sagte:

And Tenerife North will be done after Tenerife South is finished. In the meanwhile you can use RFSceneryBuilding Tenerife North. Not as stunning as the SimWings product but at least it's something.

Who said simwings would do Tenerife North? I must have missed that.

10 hours ago, PatrickZ said:

i have purchase tenerife nort of RFS but no jetway animation because they dont want to, just it. Dont understand why they decide to do their sceneries with out modern details.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, AirbusCG said:

Maybe it's because close to nobody flies there?

where you from? so all nationall flights from madrid and barcelona are close to nobody... so may i think you belive spanish peoaple are close to nobody? .(Just a joke, i hope that you dont)  Tenerife south is for international traffic meanwhile tenerife north is national traffic and one of the bases of binte canarias, all regional flights from tenerife go to the north so thats an argument really tipical of spain outsiders. No body flies to the north... Every spanish flies to the north, no body here in spain wants to go to the "made for tourist" part of the island, its no authentic.

• Upvote 2

Please respect that this is the preview topic of SimWings Tenerife. Discussing other manufacturers add-ons does not really fit in here. Thank you for your understanding. 

Just now, Tom A320 said:

Please respect that this is the preview topic of SimWings Tenerife. Discussing other manufacturers add-ons does not really fit in here. Thank you for your understanding. 

sorry =)

On 23.12.2017 at 5:09 PM, Autopiloth said:

@PatrickZ

There is really no need to offend us here and claim Oliver is drunken! This is really annoying.
To clearify the circumstances  a little bit: We have EVER AND ALLWAYS announced back since 2012 (somehow) to make the entire Canary islands
and make new Versions of ALL OUR airports. I cannot see anything here that could cause a problem or even force me to explian myself. Same was with Barcelona.
Of course it takes some time due to some other workload (P3DV4 updates etc.) , but until now we have delivered La Palma and El Hierro. Gran Canaria was shown and work continuous.
And since we were aware of a lot of other developers making spanish sceneries we have decided to NOT show anymore previews until the project is close to be finished.
(Other studios working in Spain: Orbx, Bilbao. Announced Barcelona Cityscape. Latinwings Valencia and announced Alicante,Madrid, Almeria, Santiago... whatever. Justsim made Barcelona and Girona, RFscenery made Tenerife North, MK-Studios Fuerteventura, TFS..... So seriously: Is this our fault? I could start ANY project that btw takes month of developement and someone else will come accross with the same airport.
That is why we have decided to continue with our announced projects and our effort to deliver high quality sceneries NO MATTER if someone else of all these studios is making such sceneries.
So finally the real question is: Why do all Studios from all over the world do spanisch sceneries? They can do it, of course, but you should not bark at US like a angry dog just because we simply continue with our work.

When you see our screenshots than you can easily judge that the Tenerife project hast startet a long time before MK-Studios announced their "secret" project "Tenerife". In fact MK-Studios were FULLY aware (due to their work with aerosoft) about our upcoming canary projects and allready signed contracts with Aerosoft but they have decided to do it anyway. Why? Don´t ask ME.

And to make it clear for ALLWAYS AND FOREVER again:
We will make new Versions of ALL our SPANISH sceneries (and others) in an order that will not be announced to the public.

Hello, first of all. Thanks for TFS. I really like the quality of the sim-wings sceneries and I really prefer the sim-wings-products to all the other companies. So for me it`s ok to wait some weeks more if I can get a sim-wings-scenery of Tenerife. I only have one question: Do you also plan TFN in the near future? I don`t need a date or timeline, only yes or no.

1 hour ago, crazzo said:

Hello, first of all. Thanks for TFS. I really like the quality of the sim-wings sceneries and I really prefer the sim-wings-products to all the other companies. So for me it`s ok to wait some weeks more if I can get a sim-wings-scenery of Tenerife. I only have one question: Do you also plan TFN in the near future? I don`t need a date or timeline, only yes or no.

When you read the statements of Simwings in this Thread, you will see, that they planned to update all airports of the Canarias Islands, and TFN is one of it.

But as you can read here too, it is difficult to set the priority for a single airport this days. Everybody has his own, which change from time to time ;)

• Upvote 2

It looks good with regard to the landscape.:D

It will be a rat to be able to come to Tenerife. I am very excited that it comes out to FSX.

Do anyone know which airports are included here.

Is it only Tenerife Airport (GCTS) or is Las Palma Airport (GCLP) included ???:huh:

10 minutes ago, Jammin16 said:

It looks good with regard to the landscape.:D

It will be a rat to be able to come to Tenerife. I am very excited that it comes out to FSX.

Do anyone know which airports are included here.

Is it only Tenerife Airport (GCTS) or is Las Palma Airport (GCLP) included ???:huh:

Canaries Island Professional is only the "Title" for a series of Airports, like La Palma Professional already available and Tennerife Sur we show here. So this will be only the island and the airport on it included, in case of Tennerife we will have two bigger airports, so TFN will follow later in a seperate Product, but both will have the island included.

No, I did not mean La Palma. La Palma has ICAO: (GCLA) and is located on a island other than Las Palmas Airport, which has ICAO: (GCLP)

and is located on the island of Gran Canaria, also known as the Aeropuerto de Gran Canaria. Look at the image from google map

MAP.thumb.png.7448ba92fb700e631f880b28ac4754cc.png

43 minutes ago, Jammin16 said:

No, I did not mean La Palma. La Palma has ICAO: (GCLA) and is located on a island other than Las Palmas Airport, which has ICAO: (GCLP)

and is located on the island of Gran Canaria, also known as the Aeropuerto de Gran Canaria. Look at the image from google map

MAP.thumb.png.7448ba92fb700e631f880b28ac4754cc.png

Gran Canaria is also under development as a seperate project. It will not be included with Tenerife South. The preview threat for Gran Canaria can be found here:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/111303-gran-canaria-preview/

14 hours ago, PatrickZ said:

Gran Canaria is also under development as a seperate project. It will not be included with Tenerife South. The preview threat for Gran Canaria can be found here:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/111303-gran-canaria-preview/

Thank you for your reply.^_^ I'm pleased to hear that working in Gran Canaria.:boingy_s: