OPabst

Sim-wings Canary Islands Professional - Tenerife Sur preview

I am really exited that after such a long time, having no hope for my home, Tenerife in P3D, seeing now so many nice releases at almost the same time. I already got La Palma Prof. I got Fuerte and I got now the choice for Tenerife. For me the only question is, the TFS which I got yesterday has got some nice mesh, but the textures are rather a ZL15 than ZL18. I would give a lot for having a texture set which is high resolution. I don't mind a 60GB download for the photomesh.

Quality is what it will do for me. Sim-Wings has a chance to make less blurry textures and like the other vendor with seasonal textures along with it, then I am sold.

I still expect a quickfix for my El Hierro P3D version.

• Upvote 2

vor 50 Minuten, FWAviation sagte:

You expect apologies, @Qseries, where sim-wings and Aerosoft have no reason to apologise.

No, I don't expect apologies. Noone has done anything he or she has to apologise for. I expect people at aerosoft listening to critics and showing that they matter to them in any kind.

vor 52 Minuten, FWAviation sagte:

@Qseriessim-wings had announced already months and years ago that they intend to update all their airports. Even the prospect of a new Tenerife South airport was floating around these forums years ago.

That's exactly the point. They announced it "years ago" and then did really slow up to no progress on the canaries. So no wonder why some other develops start looking at the canaries.

No they didn't call the canaries their own, but they said something like the other developers are to blame for this, because they announced something some 5 years ago..

vor 56 Minuten, FWAviation sagte:

@Qseries In terms of sim-wings, it was planned anyway to update TFS, so it's not even the case that any neglected airports remain untouched because of their decision to do that airport. So how serious is the harm done to us? Not very serious, if you ask me.

The harm is that we have to wait even longer before we get a complete rendition of the canaries. And the harm is the fewer sales for a great company like simwings whose products I like very much and always buy, as I said before.

• Upvote 4

I have to agree with Qseries here about the announcement years ago. SimWings said they'd redo the whole of the Canary Islands back in 2012 and I'm sure at that point in time they meant to do it all within a reasonable amount of time. So far no harm done. But then some other projects for them came inbetween. Malaga, the Balearics, Barcelona, etc. All right, that can happen. But they had announced the Canaries. At that point in time I feel like they had two choices. Either they said no to the other projects and finish the Canaries first, or they take on the other projects and drop their announcement about redoing the Canaries as because of other obligations they couldn't keep it. It's logical they took on the other projects and this has lead into some stunning sceneries, so I don't blame them for making that decision. It was a logical choice. I do however blame them for not communicating about the delay in the Canary Islands projects. Well, blame is perhaps a big word but it could have been done better by just saying "sorry, other obligations came inbetween and the Canaries are delayed". But that was never said.

If I promise to give you a dollar and five years later I still haven't given it to you, would you still trust me to give it? I can keep saying, I owe you a dollar. But as time passes on, you start counting on it less and less. That's what happened here.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 5

4 hours ago, FWAviation said:

And before we forget this: Until only a few days ago, Tenerife South was largely an untouched destination. Or did you all have the Simbreeze version installed? I didn't, because for me, it didn't match modern quality standards in scenery design. So maybe we should be grateful that that airport finally gets developed by modern standards instead of instantly complaining that it is developed by too many people at once.

Well, it wasn't exactly a secret that MK Studios was working on it. Sites like AirDailyX and such were full of announcements and previews, so we all knew (or could have known) it was coming. In such it wasn't untouched. It wasn't released yet, but the release didn't come out of the blue. Just like that we already know MK Studios will be doing Tenerife North. Not yet released, but announced.

Of course I'm grateful that such good developers like SimWings and MK Studios are doing the Canaries, The quality they both deliver is stunning. However, developers also need to look at things from a commercial point of view and developing a product for a saturated market is not going to make much money. I just hope they take that into consideration, that's all.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

We all want as many different airports to choose from, at least we'll be able to have a choice of what in our personal opinion is the best one if multiple developers choose to do the same airport.

• Upvote 1

That's not Benchijigua Express there at it's quay at Los Christianos :D;) 

Besides that I don't like the always hazy look of XP, these ground textures look really stunning, and I also encountered the random placed hotels in Playa de las Americas and that fact that it's always the same building in the MK version.

I'd also appreciate the rendition of some of the hotels in the areas you see from the approach in the simwings version. Of course simwings will be better than MK, I would've never thought something else.  

I am not fully comfortable with this forum being used for comparisons with products from other companies.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MartinM said:

I think its not avoidable, as long as multiple vendors do sell the same product.

Yes, but please not here in the preview Thread.

When the product is released, you can write a comparing review about all of them.

Please accept, that I have hidden the picture posts.

Regarding the Hotels at the Costa Adeje: Keep in mind, that this is not a VFR Tenerife Scenery. We will include the area around the airport with a mix of autogen an 3D Objects, where this makes sense, but it will be out of the limits, to design all buildings of the island.

But I am in February in Adeje, so I will make some photos of the major Hotels there, so we can see, what is possible with a update later.

• Upvote 3

vor 12 Stunden , OPabst sagte:

Yes, but please not here in the preview Thread.

When the product is released, you can write a comparing review about all of them.

Please accept, that I have hidden the picture posts.

Regarding the Hotels at the Costa Adeje: Keep in mind, that this is not a VFR Tenerife Scenery. We will include the area around the airport with a mix of autogen an 3D Objects, where this makes sense, but it will be out of the limits, to design all buildings of the island.

But I am in February in Adeje, so I will make some photos of the major Hotels there, so we can see, what is possible with a update later.

Wilco.

I would not mind if you user generic OSM buildings for 90% of the cases. Some of the very prominent buildings, however, should be accurate. The Gran Melia Palacio de Isora, is certainly one of them. Like the Hotel La Aguilas or the Parador Nacional.

I think the forrest data is very accurate for Tenerife by EEA and IDE. This can be used. And most important, there are HD and UHD textures available for Tenerife in 60cm and 35cm pixel from GrafCan.

I am sorry Tuijet1022, as explained the choice of airports being done is depending on many factors, some of which you can guess, others you simply will never know.  As said I think everything has been said and all points of view have been discussed, let's move on. This is a preview topic, if you want to discuss possible new products please use: 

• Upvote 3

Please respect that this is the preview topic of SimWings Tenerife. Discussing other manufacturers add-ons does not really fit in here. Thank you for your understanding. 

Just now, Tom A320 said:

Please respect that this is the preview topic of SimWings Tenerife. Discussing other manufacturers add-ons does not really fit in here. Thank you for your understanding. 

sorry =)

1 hour ago, crazzo said:

Hello, first of all. Thanks for TFS. I really like the quality of the sim-wings sceneries and I really prefer the sim-wings-products to all the other companies. So for me it`s ok to wait some weeks more if I can get a sim-wings-scenery of Tenerife. I only have one question: Do you also plan TFN in the near future? I don`t need a date or timeline, only yes or no.

When you read the statements of Simwings in this Thread, you will see, that they planned to update all airports of the Canarias Islands, and TFN is one of it.

But as you can read here too, it is difficult to set the priority for a single airport this days. Everybody has his own, which change from time to time ;)

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Jammin16 said:

It looks good with regard to the landscape.:D

It will be a rat to be able to come to Tenerife. I am very excited that it comes out to FSX.

Do anyone know which airports are included here.

Is it only Tenerife Airport (GCTS) or is Las Palma Airport (GCLP) included ???:huh:

Canaries Island Professional is only the "Title" for a series of Airports, like La Palma Professional already available and Tennerife Sur we show here. So this will be only the island and the airport on it included, in case of Tennerife we will have two bigger airports, so TFN will follow later in a seperate Product, but both will have the island included.

No, I did not mean La Palma. La Palma has ICAO: (GCLA) and is located on a island other than Las Palmas Airport, which has ICAO: (GCLP)

and is located on the island of Gran Canaria, also known as the Aeropuerto de Gran Canaria. Look at the image from google map

MAP.thumb.png.7448ba92fb700e631f880b28ac4754cc.png

43 minutes ago, Jammin16 said:

No, I did not mean La Palma. La Palma has ICAO: (GCLA) and is located on a island other than Las Palmas Airport, which has ICAO: (GCLP)

and is located on the island of Gran Canaria, also known as the Aeropuerto de Gran Canaria. Look at the image from google map

MAP.thumb.png.7448ba92fb700e631f880b28ac4754cc.png

Gran Canaria is also under development as a seperate project. It will not be included with Tenerife South. The preview threat for Gran Canaria can be found here:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/111303-gran-canaria-preview/

12 hours ago, f.skywalker said:

Does anyone have any information if Lanzarote is also done?

Yes, Lanzarote will also be done in the future. All older SimWings airports will recieve new versions.

Some Tenerife Sur news or images would be much welcome, over two months since last post now. La Palma is one of my favorite airport addons to date and Hierro I will get as soon as Tenerife Sur and Gran Canaria is released.

On a side note, will La Gomera be of any interest to develop? Its a small but very beautiful atmospheric airport with a cool approach and will be much missed stuck right in between all your nice Canary islands :)