Installtion error message on CRJ + no battery power

jeffb

Hi

I just bought V 1.03.0 for FSX and installed it (twice with virus checkers disabled) and get an error message from Simconnect saying an error occurred during installation of assembly Microsoft VC80.CRT....(.bunch of other hash - see below)

the ac is installed but no battery power is available and the yoke is stuck @ 90 degree angle.

I found some threads about this (at the bottom) and have found:

- re-installing both the new C++ libraries produces an error that they are already installed

- re-installing simconnect also fails with the same error message as installing the aircraft itself above

At this point I have no idea what to try

FYI - I bought this from fspilotshop Dec. 22

Please login to display this image.

Cheers

Jeff

• Developer

I've never seen or heard such an error message before. Can you check if your software control panel has an entry for SimConnect with this version? I use Windows 10 x64 and it's listed separately.

Also please run the attached ASVersionInfo.exe and post the results here (it's a little tool that creates an overview of the versions of FS, P3D and Visual C++)

ASVersionInfo.7z

Thanks Hans,  I'll get to it over the weekend.

I have dozens of add-on aircraft, scenery, utilities etc. , including very recently added ones, so this seems unique to the Aerosoft CRJ.

ASN uses Simconnect as well.  Is it possible it is interfering somehow ? Could the download itself be corrupted ? 

Obviously, the CRJ is running on other systems, so here we have some of the many questions of software development :D.

I'll let you know what your tool shows,

Season's Greetings !

Jeff

Hans,

took me a bit longer than I planned to get to this.

For the first question you asked, the "Programs and Features" section of my control panel has no listing for SimConnect.  (ASN runs fine FWIW)

I am running Win 7 64bit

Below is the results of the program you linked me to.

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 - (Version Data: 4.5.51209.0)
Microsoft Flight Simulator X - (Version Data: 10.0.60905.0)
Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Acceleration - (Version Data: 10.0.61637.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable - (Version Data: 8.0.61001.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.4148 - (Version Data: 9.0.30729.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.6161 - (Version Data: 9.0.30729.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.21022 - (Version Data: 9.0.21022.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17 - (Version Data: 9.0.30729.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4148 - (Version Data: 9.0.30729.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161 - (Version Data: 9.0.30729.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 - (Version Data: 10.0.40219.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 - (Version Data: 10.0.40219.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Additional Runtime - 11.0.61030 - (Version Data: 11.0.61030.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Minimum Runtime - 11.0.61030 - (Version Data: 11.0.61030.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x86 Additional Runtime - 11.0.61030 - (Version Data: 11.0.61030.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x86 Minimum Runtime - 11.0.61030 - (Version Data: 11.0.61030.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x64 Additional Runtime - 12.0.21005 - (Version Data: 12.0.21005.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x64 Minimum Runtime - 12.0.21005 - (Version Data: 12.0.21005.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86 Additional Runtime - 12.0.21005 - (Version Data: 12.0.21005.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86 Minimum Runtime - 12.0.21005 - (Version Data: 12.0.21005.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x64 Additional Runtime - 14.0.24123 - (Version Data: 14.0.24123.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x64 Minimum Runtime - 14.0.24123 - (Version Data: 14.0.24123.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 x86 Additional Runtime - 14.11.25325 - (Version Data: 14.11.25325.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 x86 Minimum Runtime - 14.11.25325 - (Version Data: 14.11.25325.0)

I'm really hoping you can tell me something to try.

thanx for the assist !

Jeff

• Developer

The error message is brought up by Microsoft's Simconnect Installer and "CRT80" is the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 8.0 (= Visual C++ 2010). In the end it's not directly related to the CRJ but most likely a problem with the installation of VC++ 2010 runtime. I googled a bit and found a possible solution over at Microsoft: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winpc/an-error-occured-during-installation-of-assembly/201bcd4d-c2ea-4004-ae6e-5d5c7b60bba3?auth=1

May be it's worth a try. Start with the simple part and just uninstall and reinstall the VC++ 2010 runtime (aka VC++ 2010 redistributable files):

x86 Version: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

x64 Version: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

I hope this helps.

I uninstalled both 2010 C++ versions and installed new downloads of both as per the links you gave me

then I uninstalled the CRJ and reinstalled it.

It gives the same error message I'm afraid, and the same problem with no power in the cockpit.

Any ideas ?

Cheers, and Happy New Year .....

Jeff

Yes,

I uninstalled and reinstalled the 2010 VC++  files as instructed by the MS article.

That same article then goes on to discuss what to do if you are getting a second, different error message involving VC++ 2012 I believe, so I didn't do that since I don't get that error.

Interestingly, I did try to re-register the DLL's using the command prompts the article shows since this is easy.  However, its part of the procedure to address a VC++2012 issue which I don't seem to have.

I got an error saying the "module failed to load" or something like that.  Again, since this step had been part of re-installing the VC++ 2012, which I didn't do, I thought that could be the reason.

I'm pretty lost at the moment.

Jeff

Hmm... Pity.  Would've liked to try the CRJ. 

It seems something is unique to both my system as well as  the CRJ, given the shear number of other add-ons I have, including from Aerosoft.

Do I have any other options with this file ?

Also, I have been waiting on the release of the 32-bit AN-2.  Is there reason to believe the same problem may occur ? 

Cheers,
jeff 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

I actually spoke to two people who had similar issues. I guess you don't want to hear this, but they both their installations were severely broken and they actually had to reinstall Windows to fix things. In one case, several other software, did not work anymore either. One of them was Skype.

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 minutes ago, jeffb said:

thanks for the info Hans,

are you saying that even after they re-installed windows things were broken ?

Jeff

No, just the opposite, they had to reinstall Windows to fix problems.

Hmmmm.

for a year or so, I have actually been toying with rebuilding the system in order to move to an SSD for Windows and FSX.

hadn't done it due to how much work it is.  maybe now.....dunno...

thanks

Jeff

• Developer

Jeff, just to make this very clear: I can only guess what is wrong. I can't give you any guarantees that you have the same issue with a corrupted VC Redist installation as the other two guys had.

What I can offer you, is a teamviewer session to find out what's wrong. PM me if you're interested.

Hans,

thanks for the offer.  I understand that there are no guarantees.

But I'm thinking that if a new install of both Windows and FSX on a new drive doesn't do it, then its something pretty inexplicable I guess.

At that point, I may want the shared session (or just give up).

I'll post what happens.

regards

Jeff

• Aerosoft

If it does not work on a correctly installed Windows and  a correctly installed sim, it can only mean that there is a hardware issue and that is very very unlikely. You got a 99% chance a FULL clean install will solve the issue. Hardware issues aside, that is what we guarantee. It will run on a correct clean Windows and a correct clean sim. Tweak your sim and you are basically on your own. 

We hate to tell people we can't solve the issue, but that something that works with thousands of customers means it simply can't be the code. We hate telling that because we know what a bitch it is to reinstall everything. But the fact is that there are a lot of installers that can mess up your windows. Unfortunately also for sim add-ons. When we find something like that we always contact that party and explain that you should not force 32 bit codex on 64 bit systems and should NEVER overwrite default sim files without backups etc. But it happens. 

Mathijs,

thanks for the input.  Yea, starting at zero is a real PITA, especially given how many add-ons I've got.

Actually there are several "dysfunctionalities" on my PC that have developed in the last year or so.  They're minor annoyances that I'm hoping disappear after this too.

My new SSD has arrived so I may have a couple shots of whiskey and start in on it this weekend.

let you know.

Jeff

Archived