Any word on PFPX update?

Hi Kendall,

what I saw happening quite some time now for some customers (mostly on some Airbus profiles, so probably an issue with some preconfigured files available for download somewhere) is that the diversion TAS is set to 149kt. This leads to ETOPS becoming necessary at much closer distances than usual.

A "normal" diversion TAS for the A320 family (or most jets in fact) is around 400kt.

Check this in the PFPX aircraft settings for your particular aircraft and you might have solved your issue already.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

What bothers me the most is the lack of ability to export routes and winds to several addon aircraft released in the last few years, which need some PFPX work in this regard.

I would think that this application is on life support and about to flat line.

i will be looking elsewhere for a flight planning tool (and they won't care because they have my money already).

it was good while it lasted.

On 8/15/2018 at 10:15 PM, chumley said:

I would think that this application is on life support and about to flat line.

i will be looking elsewhere for a flight planning tool (and they won't care because they have my money already).

it was good while it lasted.

I know it can be frustrating waiting for updates, but at least it already works very well...apart from a couple of bugs in latest release and a few export options.  I think the developers should get onto the export options more quickly, or someone should, as that seems to be a major point for a lot of customers, and I can see why.  In the meantime, it does work very well, and you won't find anything near as powerful or as customiseable elsewhere.

I agree, but if they don't fix the export options soon, I can see me using SimBrief permanently. I love PFPX, but wont wait forever for the export stuff to catch up.

Scott

Yeah it's working really well for me, but as Kendall said, the export options really need updating. We've had so many new aircraft in the last 12 months and it would be nice if we could have an update that would let us export for these aircraft. 

• 4 weeks later...

I guess we'll just have to bump this until somebody gets the message. :funkychick_s::dumb_me_s::dancing_s::dumb_me_s::ididit_s::dumb_me_s::hanged_s::hi2_s::argue_s::eyepop_s::boohoo_s::lookatthat_s::mallet_s::fallingbricks_s:

Would much rather be thanking somebody for a little consideration.

ADMIN: this forum is not a billboard, so please keep the font sizes and colours in a certain limit. 

This forum needs to become a billboard with immensely bright neon colors! :focus_s:

Unless Christian and Judith are both dead or in a coma, there is no excuse for the lack of some form of communication for this long. :help_s:

On 20.9.2018 at 14:51, pracines sagte:

This forum needs to become a billboard with immensely bright neon colors! :focus_s:

Unless Christian and Judith are both dead or in a coma, there is no excuse for the lack of some form of communication for this long. :help_s:

maybe you're a. bit "over the top" with your tone?

YES - it would be great to hear something about the future of PFPX - but it's up to the devs to decide if a product is eol or not

an "eol" of PFPX would be sad, but.... - sometime people (and dev's) decide it's time to part

We know "its being developed" - OLD news! I think it is not too much to ask for a 1 or 2 sentence progress update of sorts. If nothing else, so we can pray for their recovery from cancer or the bubonic plague or whatever is preventing a simple courtesy.

My tone fits the situation perfectly because of this statement on December 23, 2017: 

Hello all,

In recent months, we had to reorient ourselves due to the personal new situation (bankruptcy of the airline) and thus there was little time to publish a new version. But this does not mean that there was a deadlock in the program itself. Please understand that it may take a few more weeks to complete our ToDo list, especially the export functions of additional addons, before we release a version.

We wish all a peacful time

Judith & Christian

If they never said an update was forthcoming, especially in weeks, not months, not years, then surly the community (I certainly) would give them some more space, but an explanation is at the minimum, good business practice.

Maybe PMDG's Global Operations product is in the mix, maybe they are waiting for AS A330 or they would rather tour Europe IRL, who knows - NOT us customers. Whatever the reason, courtesy has been flushed down the toilet. Respect must be mutual or it does not exist at all.

Aerosoft is better and knows better than this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 4:34 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

I will again ask the project manager to get some statement. 

I ( I'm sure many simmers ) appreciate anything you can do Mathijs.

I know its not Aerosoft's fault that something horrible has happened to Christian and Judith (the only explanation in my view, because I really think they are responsible and kind people).

On 10/9/2018 at 6:09 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

There are also fantastic things that can happen to a couple that take an incredible amount of time.

So an incredible amount of time does not even allow for 2 minutes of typing and posting? If they have time to eat and sleep on their own, it does not matter how fantastic that something is, their are thousands of flight simmers here depending on them. PFPX is a very important piece of software for so many.

All I ask is for a crumb to be tossed to the floor for us.   

If it were not for TOPCAT and the way that situation was handled (aside from being able to get a new license - it fell of the edge of the planet on Sept 3 2016), I would take this current episode as its being portrayed (they have "things" to deal with), as a special case. But the TOPCAT episode has returned in PFPX the way I see it....its like a bad habit.

If they are part time scientists that go to Antarctica for months then tell us....but we would likely already know this. 

If they are doctors working on a cure for Ebola.....there would have never been time or the desire to develop TOPCAT or PFPX.

They must be secret agents suddenly put on a case to save the world....why then create PFPX to leave us hanging with no backup team or plan? 

There is NO excuse for the lack of communication (a simple crumb) here. 

@pracines, I believe their business was in danger of going bankrupt. That would have been a couple of years ago so you would hope that may have been resolved one way or another by now.

I agree that expecting the occasional update from them is not unreasonable. Judith did post here to clear a problem when I had PFPX installed twice so they do visit on occasions.

Hello,

We really apologize the very loooong absence here in the forum... we´re glad to announce that we don´t have Ebola, are not lost in Antarctic or even dead… ;)

As Mathijs wrote the "fantastic thing" what happened to us is our second daughter, so our time was very limited.

That´s of course not an excuse for no updates. 

We are going to release the new PFPX version within the next weeks (we try to release it before start of the worldflight 2018) – in advance we would like to post a few screenshots …

Best regards, Judith

Please login to display this image.

Nice to hear from you Christian. Congratulations on the arrival of your second daughter. No wonder you haven't had much free time! :D

The new features look great and I look forward to seeing more in the days to come.

Archived