Hello guys,

I'd like a quick consult. I'm buying this new pc, and I'd like to know if the P3D v 4.1 will run smoothly. Can anyone help me?

-Intel Core i5-7600 Kaby Lake 7th gen, Cache 6MB, 3.5GHz 
(4.1GHz Max Turbo) LGA 1151

- 16 gb Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB 2400Mhz DDR4 CL15 Black 
HX424C15FB2/8 (2x 8GB).

-SSD Kingston 2.5´ 120GB

- Motherboard GigaByte B250M-GAMING 3

- Asus GTX 1060 6GB

Thanks!

• Deputy Sheriffs

In general P3D will rund on that system, but your SSD is way too small. Everything less than 250 GB can't be recommend. If you want my opinion go for a 500 GB one. Keep in mind that beside P3D your Windows also takes a reasonable amount of space. 

Thanks Tom! I'll definitely correct that! But in terms of graphics, do you think that this GPU can handle it? Of course, i'm planning to update this GPU in a near future. I forgot to put the SATA 1Tb HD that comes to the computer.

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 hours ago, MatthewG said:

I forgot to put the SATA 1Tb HD that comes to the computer.

Just make sure to have Windows as also P3D installed on an SSD (different drives) and have enough space left to let your P3D grow in the future. 

I agree that the SSD is way too small, even for just Windows. Personally I'd switch it for a 250 GB or even 500 GB SSD for just Windows, and then put another 500 GB or even better a 750 GB SSD in it for P3D. The HDD can then be used for storage, anything you don't need speed for.

Putting Windows on the HDD might still slow things down a little. For example P3D has it's add-ons folder located in My Documents, which is on the system drive. Of course you can manually switch this to another folder when installing add-ons (I always do that, never use the folder P3D has made for it) but it's not an ideal situation. Besides, some system files are also being used for P3D. It's better than having P3D entirely on a HDD, but as I said there might still be a few glitches.

Archived