Shadowing

jeansy

Ive only just noticed while doing repaints the shadowing is slightly off the for the model

as seen in the image the underside of all the wings depict shadows however the fuse never changes, this has nothing to do with the shadows in the textures as all the stock paints do the same, its how the aircraft self shadows

please refer to the image of a stock supplied paint

might be something for the next patch

Please login to display this image.

22 minutes ago, jeansy said:

also the rudder is also affected

I don't know what you do but it seems to me like you don't use the specular map. Paint kit has only diffuse maps and you should use specular and normal maps from texture folder.

those images are from paints supplied in v1,02

these are using the spec that are supplied in package, all the paints in the package suffer the same problem, its not so noticeable with the darker colour  wing paints but if you look closer they suffer as well

Ive included spec maps in a custom repaint and have the same problem even at night I have that abnormality

its on all models not just 3rd party repaints

this next group shows its not the spec map that the problem, its definitely the model itself

its only the lower wings, rudder and tail wings that are affect on both upper or lower sides, the upper wings and fuse dont display this

sorry i forgot to mention  Im using p3d v4.1 and v1.02

Ive uninstalled twice now and same problem

Can you post your lighting settings please

if i turn off receive external shadows the problem goes away but so do all the other shadows

Ive been problem shooting for at least 8hrs now

Ive managed to narrow it down to the PTA addon  VC lighting settings

Ive turned that off and the problem goes away, Im not sure how its linked to VC lighting, but some how theyre linked

im going to continue to adjust the PTA settings from p3d default until the point where it replicas the problem again

Archived