auto brakes in airbus extended

ram123

Greetings,

Using airbus extended version.updated to latest version.

Flying a320.

Situation1is as below:-

1.When landing i set auto brakes to low and land aircraft manually.

2. when landing gear touches the tarmac, auto brakes get engaged 

3'. Due to hard landing , the aircraft bounces from the runway and auto brakes turn off automatically

.4. Now again touch down on the tarmac.Since auto brakes are off, i apply manual brakes using period (.) button in keyboard, but the brakes dont activate .I have to 

use parking brake to bring aircraft to a halt.

QUESTION: why dont the MANUALbrake {period (.) button} work when applied??

Situation 2 

1.When landing i set auto brakes to low and land aircraft manually.

2. when landing gear touches the tarmac, auto brakes get engaged.

3'. Due to hard landing , the aircraft bounces from the runway and auto brakes turn off automatically.

4. Now I set auto brakes to low.

4. Now again touch down on the tarmac.  Although auto brakes are on ,  but the brakes dont get engaged when reverser engagedon touch down. Even if i try to apply manual brakes using period (.) button in keyboard, but the brakes dont activate to use parking brake to bring aircraft to a halt.

QUESTION: why dont the AUTO brake and MANUAL brakes dont work ??

Situation 3.The auto brakes and manual brakes problem does not happen during normal landing i.e touch down> reverser engaged> auto brakes automatically kick in> once auto brakes not required, i press the period (.) button , they get disengaged> and i can use the manual brakes as required when taxi, as they  work.

Merry Christmas!!!

23 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Are you sure this is about the Airbus Extended? We have not sold that one for many many years.

yup, indeed it is. i am unable to upgrade to new a320/321 as discussed in topic 'possible changes in a320/a321'   my system wouldn't be able to run. so , I continued to use my old airbus extended.

so , please advise on the problem.

• Aerosoft

Tjee I had to dig really deep in files to see if we got anything regarding this but I could not find anything. So it is not a known issue. 

For sure it is not possible to set auto brakes again after a hard landing but I do not know if the code we did back then prevented this. But for sure there should be nothing that prevents normal brakes from functioning. We used the stock sim brakes back then and they are 'hard coded' meaning you can't stop them from working. If they do on your system it might mean there is a incorrectly assigned key or something. 

34 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If they do on your system it might mean there is a incorrectly assigned key or something. 

I use the default period key (.) for the brakes and they do work fine except in the above mentioned scenarios.

• Aerosoft

I understand, I have no explanation why it would fail in the scenarios you sketch. We have not found any other customer who reported that issue so we are almost 100% sure it is something local on your system that interferes. I found one system that had it installed but was unable to recreate the effect you report.  Sorry.

Archived