Oslo Texture Issue

Adam_W

I'm having an issue with ENGM. During dusk or anytime it appears that the airport lights are on I seem to get boxes in certain parts of the airport. I have noticed them certainly in the De-Icing areas and it is just a coloured box as though it has failed to load or textures are missing. I can get a screenshot if this helps but it looks really bad when flying in and out of the scenery as obviously there are patches taking up some of the scenery. It seems the terminal and gate area are fine however. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Which sim and which version of Oslo? If you're using FSX and have the DX10 preview checked without also having something like "Steve's DX10 Fixer" installed, that can cause black/dark boxes around certain lights.

19 minutes ago, Herman said:

Which sim and which version of Oslo? If you're using FSX and have the DX10 preview checked without also having something like "Steve's DX10 Fixer" installed, that can cause black/dark boxes around certain lights.

Hi, I'm using FSX:SE and I'm not sure of the version as it was whichever version I downloaded initially when I bought the airport in November of this year. The issue is not with the lights but with the textures on the ground as in the taxiway of the airport. It is particularly noticeable in the de-icing areas as thats where I happened to notice it today but when you go on top-down view you can see several squares around the airport site, it only happens when the airport lights come on though I think, as In during darkness or dusk/dawn. They are not even black they're more of a beige/yellow colour I think. The lights themselves are fine there isn't anything I've found that is an issue with them.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thank you, AW757. That's the kind of detail needed to help you. It'll take me a day or two to see if I can replicate your issue and update the thread. Meanwhile, keep watching as someone else may be able to help sooner.

As for screenshots, that would be helpful.

15 hours ago, Herman said:

Thank you, AW757. That's the kind of detail needed to help you. It'll take me a day or two to see if I can replicate your issue and update the thread. Meanwhile, keep watching as someone else may be able to help sooner.

Thanks! I will try and post a screenshot of the issue when I can. I had the airport loaded up yesterday around 1100L though so I assume with it being winter it was dark enough to trigger the airport lighting to come on which brough the issue up. I have flown in and out of the airport whenI first got it back in November and it was fine during the day just at night that the issue arose. 

17 hours ago, Herman said:

These are the issues I am facing, I have noticed that I am still getting duplicate Jetways also, any ideas for these?

Please login to display this image.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Are you 100% sure all settings are set high enough, effects etc?

Hi, I'll check now and see if this changes anything. Which setting's need changing?

13 minutes ago, Adam_W said:

Hi, I'll check now and see if this changes anything. Which setting's need changing?

Thanks everyone for your help, I didn't need to adjust the settings I already had and to be honest, they're all fairly high anyway but I re-ran the DX10 Fixer and selected the Oslo Fix option and it corrected everything. The boxes have gone and also the Jetways are now corrected and I am no longer getting double Jetways. Thanks again everyone!

Archived